Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently sold my 2003 C4S 911 (not an easy decision) and picked up a 2018 718 Cayman S! Love the car so far, been about a week and 500 miles. I work in sales at Circle Porsche in Long Beach California and couldn't resist! Such a fun car. The car is guards red on black, manual, PASM 20 mm lower, sport exhaust in black, silver 20" Carrera S wheel, BOSE, standard black interior, heated/ventilated seats, and the 718 Cayman S decal on the door. Because of timing and needing a car now I located this one at another location. I mainly wanted PASM, manual, and the sport exhaust and to keep it under $80k. The color, and other items ended up being secondary and I must say I am enjoying the red! And heated seats haha

Here if anyone is looking for a car or has any questions!

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Chris. Interesting post - I had a 996 C4S a few years ago. Lovely car, but I have to say I prefer the 718 (I have just got a Boxster S). The price of a new 718 is comparable to a pretty decent 911 - so it becomes a matter of choice, not bank balance now. the 718 si much more fun to drive and I think, better looking. The stats are certainly supportive of it being quicker too - although it has 15years on the 996 to be fair. However, the point I'm making is that the 718s seem to see the Cayman and the Boxster come out from the shadow of the 911 and be cars that compete in their own right.
Anyway, enjoy your new car - I've had my convertible 3 weeks and it's been snowing most of that time!!! Itching for the better weather here in London!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Recently sold my 2003 C4S 911 (not an easy decision) and picked up a 2018 718 Cayman S! Love the car so far, been about a week and 500 miles. I work in sales at Circle Porsche in Long Beach California and couldn't resist! Such a fun car. The car is guards red on black, manual, PASM 20 mm lower, sport exhaust in black, silver 20" Carrera S wheel, BOSE, standard black interior, heated/ventilated seats, and the 718 Cayman S decal on the door. Because of timing and needing a car now I located this one at another location. I mainly wanted PASM, manual, and the sport exhaust and to keep it under $80k. The color, and other items ended up being secondary and I must say I am enjoying the red! And heated seats haha

Here if anyone is looking for a car or has any questions!

Chris
Stunning 718 !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts