Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Taking that beautiful car through a drive through automatic car wash...SMH. Brushes strong enough to rip two pieces that have been wind tunnel tested right off of your car. Think about what it's doing to your paint. Please stop using drive through automatic car washes and learn about how to easily and properly wash your car. Plenty of threads in here discussing the right way to do it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Guess not.
Yikes. This may not be the community for me. Best to you all.
This community is for people who are willing to learn so as to not to make or repeat mistakes. If continuing to use automatic car washes isn't something you are willing to stop doing even though it's already broken pieces off of your car, then ✌ be with you.

Reactions: gurneyeagle500

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'll admit that my reply was blunt. It just surprises me that people still take special cars through automated car washes in this day and age. Being the second owner of a Cayman who's previous owner clearly took it through the car wash on a regular basis according to the amounts of micro scratches and swirls on the clear coat, I don't understand it at all.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Some people can just keep believing that auto car washes are just fine and just stubborn to change. We just have different standards. I had a daily beater GTI that I would take through the auto car was and park it outside every day and I know some people cherish their GTIs so yeah, different standards. The irony is that it takes me 20 minutes to bucket wash my ceramic coated Cayman in my garage with no rinse wash solution which does not jack up my paint in any way and is faster than driving to a car wash, waiting in line, and then still drying it off by hand. If it's really dirty, I'll use my garden hose with normal car wash soap and blow dry most of the water off with an electric leaf blower. That process takes me about 40 minutes and I only have to do this maybe 2-3x a year.

Reactions: SGPhoto

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't mean to beat a dead horse to death, but I still don't understand why anyone would take there Porsche to an automatic carwash. :ROFLMAO:
I think it's just stubbornness at this point. The car is tiny and takes less time to bucket wash, especially if ceramic coated, than it does to take it to a car wash. I guess maybe if you live in an apartment or condo and there's no easy water access but even then, all you really need is to carry about 3 gallons of water with no-rinse solution and about 4 microfiber towels. One can make excuses all day if one just doesn't want to do it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
this ain't religion, man. nobody has to believe in the stuff you feel strongly about. every time i take my cayman through the automatic wash, i will whisper an incantation and call upon your name three times in the hope that you don't shart yourself if my paint gets scratched.
Why you so buttocks hurt to come up with a snarky reply to me then? I didn't direct a reply to you but if the shoe fits... Go ahead and keep spending more of your time to auto wash and towel dry than it does for me to no-rinse wash.

·
Registered
602 Posts
you've made two posts in quick succession generalizing others as "stubborn" because they don't do stuff the way you do. you're funny.

I was actually engaging with Porsche Wolfe. See how I actually replied to his post? Looking at your reply now, you come in hot telling people to "eff off" and now want to act like I'm calling you out? Classy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I would like to see the wash Nazis try handwashing when it's -30 C outside. In winter I will use a carwash, but only touchless without a tractor beam. Has worked just fine for me.
If it ever got that cold where I live, I'd just let my car be dirty until it warmed up. I understand why those in areas with road salt get winter beaters. I wish there were touchless carwashes by me. It's the summers that I have to contend with in Texas. It's over 100 F everyday since late June and likely all through August. Some may still wash their cars every week but I only wash mine maybe once a month if even that as dust alone doesn't bother me. One of the many reasons I don't own black cars. When I do wash them, it's inside my garage with no rinse wash solution.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I hate it when my dealership (or any other company) asks me to complete a survey.
No one can make you do them but the surveys mean a lot to the dealership and the people who handled your experience. Survey results are a big factor in determining whether a dealership gets more distributor support or not.

Reactions: Goblin59

·
Registered
602 Posts
Further to that, the sales person gets paid on the result too.
I always do the surveys as I know 5 minutes of my time can really mean a lot to my sales person or my service advisor. When I've been treated poorly, and I have, I will answer honestly on the survey. Fortunately, I've mostly had good experiences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts