Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I hope you don't feel we're being mean. We're just rather surprised that you would consider taking your beautiful, brand new, high sought after and desirable Porsche thru an eggbeater. There are touches carwashes, but even those present some issues especially so for low cars, the conveyor system among them.

Not for morbid curiosity, .........well maybe a little, can you post pics of the damage? Maybe someone here can spot an issue that you're not seeing and it may not be as simple as snapping those black scoops in place. Hopefully it is, but man, I can't see how they came off cleanly without causing other issues.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
OP did not say the type of car wash, he just said “Took the car to the carwash”, would love to see folks dial back the attitude. I have seen multiple new posters head for the exits due to this piling on.
I really don't see any issues with the replies. This forum is rather mild and respectful compared to others. Were you also somewhat shocked a person would take their spanking new Cayman thru a mechanical carwash?

As for the car wash, what do you suggest they meant when they said "swiped them off"? They were stolen? As someone famous once said, "Come on man!"

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
dude. what part of NFG is not registering with you? i've performed hundreds of details, both as a job in college and as a leisure activity for over 20 years. i've forgotten more about detailing than you ever even knew. i'm over it and don't see the obsession as important any longer. not a priority. end of story. stop being a tool and go back to whatever it is you do all day. oh wait. that's right. this is what you do ... MR. PROCLAMATION IS IN THE HOUSE AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE ACKNOWLEDGES ME.

this ain't religion, man. nobody has to believe in the stuff you feel strongly about. every time i take my cayman through the automatic wash, i will whisper an incantation and call upon your name three times in the hope that you don't shart yourself if my paint gets scratched.
Hey you won. We believe your opinion is the most important. It's all in caps. MR. PROCLAMATION IS IN THE HOUSE AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE ACKNOWLEDGES ME. Signed ~droideka

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Apart from the obvious, still not sure how this happened.
checked mine and they are solid. Added to this it looks like they are also screwed into place but maybe I am wrong in that case. regardless, I tried to move them and they were solid, so car wash or not, imho should not have moved at all.
For the car wash itself thread, no in both I have a Boxster and I do prefer to hand wash it myself - no swirl marks at all on mine.
This is exactly why I asked the OP to post pics. It seems there could be more damage than they realized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts