Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
"Automatic car washes are bad for your Porsche, and you should avoid them, especially the ones that use brushes to wash vehicles. They’ll scratch your car and do more harm than good. If you don’t have other ways to wash your vehicle, then at least go to an automatic car wash that doesn’t use brushes." :eek: Have you gone back to the carwash to find your bumper grill scoops?

·
Registered
399 Posts
"Although this wash is fast and cheaper, it is not always the best. This is because it uses harsh cleaning agents that can destroy the outer coating of your car. Also, the brushes are often left with abrasive grime from a previously washed car which can damage your finish."
Water Motor vehicle Vehicle Blue Hood

·
Registered
399 Posts
OP did not say the type of car wash, he just said “Took the car to the carwash”, would love to see folks dial back the attitude. I have seen multiple new posters head for the exits due to this piling on.
He said "Took the car to the carwash and discovered this morning that both front bumper grill scoops are gone!"
Was that a handwash? No! With the bumper grill scoops gone use your imagination on type of carwash he used. Read between the lines what he posted.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you think your Porsche is just like any car, then you certainly don't care taking it to an automatic carwash as long as it's clean when you drive away. But if you considered your Porsche more than just a car than handwash it. Remember the brushes used by automatic washes have dirt embedded from other vehicles and are usually not properly maintained and cleaned. Thus applying the dirt back on your Porsche and making deep micro scratches on the car's surface, also called swirl marks. If you like the look of swirl marks, I would recommend you keep taking your Porsche to the carwash especaly the ones with brushes. :LOL:

·
Registered
399 Posts
oh shoot. this was yours and wolf's private thread. i'm so sorry. what the heck was i thinking? :unsure:

but enough with the car wash BS. let's attack other things that are really worthy of consternation, like putting consumer-grade, aftermarket springs on factory dampeners, using spacers thicker than 10MM and those awful, diamond-quilt leather floor mats that some people love so much. i bet those people are just stubborn and weren't taught what gauche means.
Droideka it's time for you to go back to your Clone Wars. :ROFLMAO:
Font Machine Art Fashion accessory Auto part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts