Porsche 718 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
oh shoot. this was yours and wolf's private thread. i'm so sorry. what the heck was i thinking? :unsure:

but enough with the car wash BS. let's attack other things that are really worthy of consternation, like putting consumer-grade, aftermarket springs on factory dampeners, using spacers thicker than 10MM and those awful, diamond-quilt leather floor mats that some people love so much. i bet those people are just stubborn and weren't taught what gauche means.
Droideka it's time for you to go back to your Clone Wars. :ROFLMAO:
Font Machine Art Fashion accessory Auto part

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
901 Posts
I would like to see the wash Nazis try handwashing when it's -30 C outside. In winter I will use a carwash, but only touchless without a tractor beam. Has worked just fine for me.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I would like to see the wash Nazis try handwashing when it's -30 C outside. In winter I will use a carwash, but only touchless without a tractor beam. Has worked just fine for me.
If it ever got that cold where I live, I'd just let my car be dirty until it warmed up. I understand why those in areas with road salt get winter beaters. I wish there were touchless carwashes by me. It's the summers that I have to contend with in Texas. It's over 100 F everyday since late June and likely all through August. Some may still wash their cars every week but I only wash mine maybe once a month if even that as dust alone doesn't bother me. One of the many reasons I don't own black cars. When I do wash them, it's inside my garage with no rinse wash solution.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Moderator input:

This is twice in a short time that I've felt the need to ask members to "chill", and historically I've only done that about 4 times in a few years. I don't see the currently displayed attitudes as acceptable.

There was a question asked, some opinions given and then the thread deteriorated into bickering and off-topic posts.

Please keep things civil or topics and/or members will be sanctioned.

Greg

·
Registered
325 Posts
The trouble with a forum full of people from the USA education system is just that. Rotation brush car washes will mar paintwork in a single pass, no arguments, prove your point by posting images under an inspection lamp or we all call BS. Do what you want with your own car, we don't care, but don't justify this by telling me it us OK without evidence. Me, been detailing cars for 50 years and never put any of my own cars through one of these monstrosities. Had to fix a few relatives and neighbours cars that had been through the automated car marriing machine though

·
Registered
476 Posts
The trouble with a forum full of people from the USA education system is just that.
Hey! Put down the broad brush and back slowly away from your generalizations.

The USA's education system when to #h1+ about 20 years ago, but many of us that graduated last century still have functioning brains.

·
Registered
60 Posts

The USA's education system when to #h1+ about 20 years ago, but many of us that graduated last century still have functioning brains.
Sadly, I got to agree with you. There is a certain lack of common sense (May not be a lack of education quantity or quality.) that would screw in a dealer plate with dry wall screws along with running a brand new 100k car through a brushed car wash.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Yes you are correct and my manners are lacking today. My post is a gross generalisation and without evidence. I have no excuses. Shine on

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful car. This is mine, I had the front wrapped and the entire thing ceramic coated, makes hand washing a breeze, and I like doing it with love and care. 😁 I run my grand Cherokee through an auto wash.
Nice car! Lucky you, got LEDs ... they've been removed from the configurator and IMHO (in-my-humble-opinion ;)) they really finish off the car ....

Still I will spend the difference on Aluminium (Aluminum ;)) trim ...

·
Registered
2022 Cayman 2.0
862 Posts
I have noticed on friends’ cars, who run there’s thru auto car washes, that the “tire shine” machine/process causes a circular scrape on many wheels too, near where the make emblem is… seen it on too many cars for it to be a random thing.

No thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very happily picked up my GTS last Saturday! It's everything I'd hoped it would be and more. The delivery experience in ATL was awesome as well. Strangest thing happened yesterday. Took the car to the carwash and discovered this morning that both front bumper grill scoops are gone! I guess the car wash swiped both of them off. I have ordered replacement parts from Suncoast, $65 each. Anyone ever heard of this before? Anyone replaced these? I assume it'll be a simple snap-into-place kind of deal. The part, for reference, is circled in red in one of the pics. Thanks for any help! View attachment 45140
View attachment 45136 View attachment 45137 View attachment 45138 View attachment 45139
Wonderful example and love your pics too.
I'm really interested to know what made the hand-over experience so
Very happily picked up my GTS last Saturday! It's everything I'd hoped it would be and more. The delivery experience in ATL was awesome as well. Strangest thing happened yesterday. Took the car to the carwash and discovered this morning that both front bumper grill scoops are gone! I guess the car wash swiped both of them off. I have ordered replacement parts from Suncoast, $65 each. Anyone ever heard of this before? Anyone replaced these? I assume it'll be a simple snap-into-place kind of deal. The part, for reference, is circled in red in one of the pics. Thanks for any help! View attachment 45140
View attachment 45136 View attachment 45137 View attachment 45138 View attachment 45139

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wonderful example and love your pics too.
I'm really interested to know what made the hand-over experience so awesome please?
Could you please detail what ATL did that brought your comment please?
Reason I want to know is I work at an Australian dealer and we need to do better.
Thank you, hoping for your response.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts