Porsche 718 Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Perhaps I may offer som help based on my collection experiences.

1. Make sure you have the time to do a full handover and that you are ready 15 mins before the expected customer arrival time
2. Ensure that the car is fully prepped and has no scratches or scuffs on paintwork or interio trim, or leather seats
3. Ensure all documentation is ready with the vehicle including all manuals and instructions
4. If licence plates are mounted, use pads or ensure screws are spaced correclty and not misaligned.
5. Take time to help the customer set up the PCM. store radio stations, set home in Sat Nav. Perhaps pre programm national radio stations in a logical sequence.
6. Demo the Porsche connect app and talk through features
7 Demo voice commands and give example commands that will be usefull
8 help set up route options set default route type to economical.
9 help set up lighting options
10 Talk through bed in, run in process.
11 Introduce to service manager and parts manager.
12. Give them a half hour with car, manuals and a drink and then return to answe any questions.
13 Set up a follow up appointment in 7 to 10 days to talk through PCM, settings etc and ensure owner is understanding all the feattures of their car.

As you may have gathered, these are all the inverse of my collection experience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Perhaps I may offer som help based on my collection experiences.

1. Make sure you have the time to do a full handover and that you are ready 15 mins before the expected customer arrival time
2. Ensure that the car is fully prepped and has no scratches or scuffs on paintwork or interio trim, or leather seats
3. Ensure all documentation is ready with the vehicle including all manuals and instructions
4. If licence plates are mounted, use pads or ensure screws are spaced correclty and not misaligned.
5. Take time to help the customer set up the PCM. store radio stations, set home in Sat Nav. Perhaps pre programm national radio stations in a logical sequence.
6. Demo the Porsche connect app and talk through features
7 Demo voice commands and give example commands that will be usefull
8 help set up route options set default route type to economical.
9 help set up lighting options
10 Talk through bed in, run in process.
11 Introduce to service manager and parts manager.
12. Give them a half hour with car, manuals and a drink and then return to answe any questions.
13 Set up a follow up appointment in 7 to 10 days to talk through PCM, settings etc and ensure owner is understanding all the feattures of their car.

As you may have gathered, these are all the inverse of my collection experience.
Thank you for that.
We do all that and have a pack of Porsche Selection gifts, professionally presented.
We offer a pick up service that works well for those not trading.
The customer is then met by management and at exit to ensure all is in order.
Within 24 hours we must and do follow up call and if no connection, a voicemail is left and an email is sent.
Porsche then send a survey where we are marked for ‘Completely Satisfied’ and ‘Exceeded Expectations’.
And that’s the hard part as most Australians will never give 10/10.
If those KPI’s are not met, we don’t get paid.
So my question still is, what is missing from what we do?
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
<snip>
Porsche then send a survey where we are marked for ‘Completely Satisfied’ and ‘Exceeded Expectations’.
Thank you.
Let the customer know the importance Porsche places on a 10/10 and if they are satisfied then please give us a 10.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you for that.
We do all that and have a pack of Porsche Selection gifts, professionally presented.
Within 24 hours we must and do follow up call and if no connection, a voicemail is left and an email is sent.
Thank you.
I’d say if you’re going to score out of 10 then the KPI should ‘pay’ on 9 or 10. It’s psychology - I’d be much more likely to score 5/5 than 10/10. If you scored out of 100 would you only pay on 100?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you for that.
Thank you.
You must get the basics 100 percent spot on, trinkets and gimmicks are frippary compared with effective communication throughout the process and keeping the customer informed and involved. If there is a lady involved, a nice posy of flowers will mean more than a branded trinket. You need to make the customer feel like family, not a mark and you need to make them feel like a trusted brother, sister aunt or uncle. Establish a relationship, people would not score a family member low. Fail to communicate, don't deliver on a promise or reveal a car with exterior and interior damage and you can kiss goodbye to service work, warranty work and future sales, they will be looking for a better experience in the next city

·
Registered
45 Posts
Let the customer know the importance Porsche places on a 10/10 and if they are satisfied then please give us a 10.
Thanks Greg, we do that. It’s called coaching which we hate to but need to. We also have our CRM call every customer after and encourage. I was wondering if there was some other thing we could do that gets the wow factor?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks Greg, we do that. It’s called coaching which we hate to but need to. We also have our CRM call every customer after and encourage. I was wondering if there was some other thing we could do that gets the wow factor?
Listen to what the customer says during the process. Listen to how they say it. Categorise their profile according to Myers Briggs and then offer the marketing trinkets to fit their personality type. Consider branded multitool consider a wall art poster of their actual vehicle. Maybe a poster of the porsche crest for their parking space or Burago make most scale models. Paint on e to match the customers car so it can be on their desk or mantlepiece when they can't be behind the wheel. If you want 100 percent you need to listen to and match the specific need behind the need for each customer type. We call this advanced interpersonal selling skill set

·
Registered
45 Posts
Listen to what the customer says during the process. Listen to how they say it. Categorise their profile according to Myers Briggs and then offer the marketing trinkets to fit their personality type. Consider branded multitool consider a wall art poster of their actual vehicle. Maybe a poster of the porsche crest for their parking space or Burago make most scale models. Paint on e to match the customers car so it can be on their desk or mantlepiece when they can't be behind the wheel. If you want 100 percent you need to listen to and match the specific need behind the need for each customer type. We call this advanced interpersonal selling skill set
Agree. Thank you. The gifts. We just hand out willy nilly with little thought about the customer in most cases. And again, when we do, as you mentioned, it works. I like each of your ideas. We have a marketing manager who will react well to your suggestions. Thank you again.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Listen to what the customer says during the process. Listen to how they say it. Categorise their profile according to Myers Briggs and then offer the marketing trinkets to fit their personality type. <snip>
This is definitely a good idea. (Except for the Myers Briggs. :LOL: As a therapist I consider the MBTI to be a con job.)
When my salesman and I chatted he definitely listened to me and when the gifts were presented he matched my home espresso machine with a set of Porsche demi-tasse coffee cups.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate it when my dealership (or any other company) asks me to complete a survey. There is really nothing they can do to "exceed my expectations", unless they provide me with a 911 turbo as a loaner or some other unrealistic surprise. If I take my car in for an oil change and it's done in a timely manner, I pay my bill and my car is returned clean, then there's nothing more that they can do, nor that I expect. It's an unrealistic expectation of the dealer so I usually ignore the surveys.

I once had a service advisor at a Nissan dealer ask me to rate him 10/10 and he'd make sure I got a free oil change. I took advantage of it but I felt dirty afterwards. It shouldn't work that way.

On a related note, the SA claim they performed a free multipoint inspection but then they don't provide the mechanics checklist and it becomes an ordeal to get the confirmation paperwork.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I hate it when my dealership (or any other company) asks me to complete a survey.
No one can make you do them but the surveys mean a lot to the dealership and the people who handled your experience. Survey results are a big factor in determining whether a dealership gets more distributor support or not.

Reactions: Goblin59

·
Registered
725 Posts
Further to that, the sales person gets paid on the result too.
I always do the surveys as I know 5 minutes of my time can really mean a lot to my sales person or my service advisor. When I've been treated poorly, and I have, I will answer honestly on the survey. Fortunately, I've mostly had good experiences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
To close this loop, I followed up with the car wash a couple days ago and finally caught the manager there. We actually reviewed footage of my wash in question. The grill scoops were clearly missing when I arrived (and obviously when I left as well). The car wash wasn't the culprit after all.
Having replaced these now, I am surprised how unsatisfying and awkwardly they attach to the bumper. I suspect they weren't fully snapped in place from the factory or an unkind stranger ripped them off. The latter seems very very unlikely.
Lastly, given the pretty slim selection of factory parts for purchase from 3rd party vendors, but the conspicuous availability of these two random pieces of plastic, this must be a problem encountered with some regularity.
Don't want to stir the pot; just thought some folks in the future might benefit from this. 😘

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
The "scoops" on my GTS have been stationary and in place since 2018. Been on this forum and the other Porsche forum for 3 plus years and never read another post from a GTS owner that said their "scoops" disappeared or fell off. This is a very odd story which also isn't complete. Was any damage apparent in the location on the car where they are mounted? Pics would have been nice too. Something is missing from the story. OP was the front bumper removed for any reason? Rennline or Radiator Grill Store grills installed? Car wrapped with PPF? Could they possibly have gone missing during any of those procedures?

As to the possible scenario, the second option seems more likely if none of the above occurred. I tried to pull these trim covers from my car and they don't budge. I'm sure if I really tried they would come off, but unless I did it properly, (knowing how they release), it would possibly cause damage to the surrounding paint.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts