Registered
Racing Yellow 2022 Cayman T PDK
140 Posts
I found this in an older post

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
313 Posts
I bought the 4-screen set from RGS shortly after I got my Cayman. I also prefer the looks of the RGS screens over the Zundsport, and the RGS are considerably cheaper. And if you look closely, you can see the bugs in the front screen. (Note to self: Gotta clean them more carefully.)
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know.... I know..... Photos are a requirement. It's been monsooning since the wee hours. I'll try to get a photo in the AM along with the model and mfg. of the screens.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
313 Posts
I prefer the RGS screens because the screen mounts behind the vent strakes, and the hex-pattern of the grid matches the pattern inside the bi-xenon headlight housings. (I don't know if the LED lights have that pattern inside or not.)

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Per the collective directive.....

Front screens are Rennline as opposed to RGS for the two side vents. As you can see from the photos they mount behind the grill blades to give a "factory" look. Unlike the RGS's there are no ty raps to attach them. The Rennline require that the front bumper be removed since the screens actually "fit" on the air duct housing in front of the radiators.
Left:

Right:

I know there are fingerprints on the blades. They will be removed. :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks amazing! I never paid enough attention to the different front bumper designs and how the grilles from different sources work or do not work with them. For my CGTS, the zunsport ones work perfectly because the bumper doesn’t have the strakes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went wirh RGS screens because I didn't want to go through removing the front bumper, didn't want screens that go in front of the intake slats on my S, they were cheaper, and shipped faster from within the US. The hard to see cable ties were worth the 10 minute installation for me.

The Zunsports look good on the GTS front but I do not like their side intake fitment one bit. The Rennline looks the best to me and I would go with those if I had another reason to remove my front bumper.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Cayman 2.0
829 Posts
I got the Zunsport grilles that fit on the outside. I thought they looked okay until I saw these ones that look like they are behind the strakes. Now I think mine look crap :(
C’mon Todd, these don’t look that bad. Maybe on darker colored 718s vs brighter makes a difference.

If I did decide to do the side intakes, don’t think I will, I would likely do RGS vs Zunsports however for the behind look.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
502 Posts
This thread just reminded me of this one delusional old fart in one of the Facebook groups who was arguing with everyone as to how having grill screens makes your car slower and is why he's able to beat a GT4 around a track with his screen-less GTS. Hilarious!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts