Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
After completed a long liste of modifications on my Cayman 718 GTS, i am now looking for the final piece:
An efficient front splitter馃檶
I did lot of research but it look like only TWL or Techart are supplying one model each for the GTS...
To be honest they are quite expensive.

Is there any one that know an other company or a product that could be easily adaptable from an other Porsche model by a body work?
I dont really want to order a full 718 Gt4 bumper... :((((
Thank you for your help馃檹

Registered
There is another, fairly inexpensive, approach on here somewhere. Some company has made adapters for a 911 splitter. Should be able to find it with a search splitter or front aero.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, i tried this way already... contacted Emc2 design but nothing look close as the 718 gts front bumper

Registered
There seems to be a lot of nice front splitters now for the 718 base and S but not really much available for the GTS.

Have you priced up a 718 GT4 or Boxter front bumper? This would seem to be the best solution. I believe the Boxter has a slightly shorter lip. I think there are also some Chinese copies but they look a little off in the photos.

The Techart one is ok but IMO it looks good on the S but on the GTS it looks kind of chunky and I'm sure it is also quite costly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the all point is to keep the Gts shape.
I spoke to @Emc2 design and to be honest they really to tried to help me
But it look like the Gts bumper is too different from the other models to find a solution.

Registered
i read besides the Las Vegas vendor any other vendors or sellers here in the US i can look into for this front lip? seems like this is really the only option out there? appreciate it!

Registered
After completed a long liste of modifications on my Cayman 718 GTS, i am now looking for the final piece:
An efficient front splitter馃檶
I'm curious as to how you would define an "efficient" front splitter and in what way you want to improve on the OEM splitter?

Registered
got quoted from TWL $2000 for all carbon fiber front spoiler. ooommmfff that's pretty expensive
Looks like an improvement from the other ones I've seen for the GTS. Are ther any other photo angles around. I dare say the $2000 is less than the Techart one. Although must be over half way to paying for a GT4 front bumper.

Registered
Looks like an improvement from the other ones I've seen for the GTS. Are ther any other photo angles around. I dare say the $2000 is less than the Techart one. Although must be over half way to paying for a GT4 front bumper.

Registered
I actually like how it looks. I am a bit torn, what do you think are the combinations of splitter and diffuser to install? I mean installing sides alone seem fine to me, but a little too subtle maybe. If I add the front, do you think its fine skipping on the diffuser. I have the GTS 4.0, and I don't trust any diffuser in the market at the moment for my model.

Registered
I think it could look ok but I think the styling of the base and S model is better for after market front splitter. I think there is already a lot going on with the GTS front splitter so hard to get something that looks perfect.

Registered
i'm on the fence right now and so i'd like to get some opinions.

$2k for the TWL all carbon fiber

for the TechArt $1500 minus paint (let's say a shop will charge me $400) so that's $1900. the middle bottom piece will remain carbon fiber

which way would you go?

from the research and scouring through these forums as i'm new to Porsche it seems that adding the GT4 wing i would also need to add the front splitter to balance things out. don't know if that's true or not? i have a GT4 wing that will be custom made here shortly and that's why i've been researching a front splitter since i've read that you can't do one thing without doing the other.

Registered
I've also hear people mention the balance issue with the wings and spoilers. However, if you consider the Spyder it doesn't have a rear wing and the front bumper/spoiler is identical to the GT4 except for a slightly shorter splitter so there can't be much in it. I guess fine tuning the suspension can sort out these differences in front/rear downforce.

Registered
I've also hear people mention the balance issue with the wings and spoilers. However, if you consider the Spyder it doesn't have a rear wing and the front bumper/spoiler is identical to the GT4 except for a slightly shorter splitter so there can't be much in it. I guess fine tuning the suspension can sort out these differences in front/rear downforce.
i'm wondering for daily driving it's fine but for track useage is where i can see this

Registered
The Spyder also doesn't really have a roof (except for when you have to use it) and probably has a very different aerodynamic profile overall. Even looking at the normal 718 Cayman and Boxster the little spoiler deploys differently for each. This article is well worth a read:

Efficient downforce

In it Porsche say, "The pronounced front spoiler lip also gets a new shape, with a recessed 鈥淕T4鈥 or 鈥淪pyder鈥 logo. It comes in different sizes for the two models to correspond to the difference in downforce on the rear axle."

My understanding is that the diffuser on the Spyder and GT4 is the most important aerodynamic device on either car. It was initially developed for the Spyder (where it generates 50% of the downforce on the rear axle) and was so effective they incorporated it into the GT4 design (where it generates 30% of the downforce on the rear axle). Personally I wouldn't do one without the other but even then the aerodynamic elements act as a package and changing something in one area could create an undesirable effect elsewhere.

Either way you are never going to create GT levels of downforce and it would be more for show than for go as it were.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts