Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here uses the G-Meter on the multifunction display? I actually do as it is interesting to see what the g-force is in various situations. I have yet to exceed 1-g though. The highest I have is 0.97 in a right hand turn. And about 0.8 under braking. Admittedly I haven't tried really slamming on the brakes so I bet doing more than 1 g under braking is possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bet doing more than 1 g under braking is possible.
The brakes are fantastic. I've attached a picture of my meter showing 1.24g under braking. This is from an autocross using Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires.

Attachments

·
892 Posts
Who here uses the G-Meter on the multifunction display? I actually do as it is interesting to see what the g-force is in various situations. I have yet to exceed 1-g though. The highest I have is 0.97 in a right hand turn. And about 0.8 under braking. Admittedly I haven't tried really slamming on the brakes so I bet doing more than 1 g under braking is possible.
Find yourself a bit of open tarmac with no obstructions, an airfield perhaps? I know it's not always easy but try & seek somewhere suitable where you won't endanger others & then give it a proper go (no offence, I would naturally assume that you wouldn't do anything daft anyway). You'll be surprised just how much lateral G you'll be able to generate, these cars are incredible. Having done a few courses with the Porsche driving school I got to try numerous things that I'd never try under normal conditions on a road. I was amazed just how stable my previous car (981 series) was & what incredible grip it had under extreme conditions. These & 718/ 982 series are even better & I guarantee that unless you're driving Miss Daisy you're going to surpass those figures by quite some margin.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Find yourself a bit of open tarmac with no obstructions, an airfield perhaps? I know it's not always easy but try & seek somewhere suitable where you won't endanger others & then give it a proper go (no offence, I would naturally assume that you wouldn't do anything daft anyway). You'll be surprised just how much lateral G you'll be able to generate, these cars are incredible. Having done a few courses with the Porsche driving school I got to try numerous things that I'd never try under normal conditions on a road. I was amazed just how stable my previous car (981 series) was & what incredible grip it had under extreme conditions. These & 718/ 982 series are even better & I guarantee that unless you're driving Miss Daisy you're going to surpass those figures by quite some margin.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any abandoned airfields near me. :( I'm pretty sure if I just drove onto the runway at JFK that I might get arrested!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there are any abandoned airfields near me. :( I'm pretty sure if I just drove onto the runway at JFK that I might get arrested!
If you decide to try it, take video of the police chase and post it on you tube. It will be awesome!:D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thread made me check my highscore lol. Not sure if this all time max or just last trip? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Didn't know they g-force maximum were listed there as well - you learn something new about this car every day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts