Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my SA about getting golf clubs into the Cayman. He said that there is a carry bag that you can get that will fit in the trunk over the engine cover. I did some research on line but couldn't find it. Has anyone looked into this? Or do the golfers that don't belong to a club just put their bags in the passenger seat?

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I take mine out of the bag. I can then fit the bag in the low part of the trunk and line up the clubs on top (club head toward rear). I use a fairly old carry bag. A cart bag might be too big.

This is not handy, but I only play a few times a year.

I would think that my clubs would slosh around if they were in the front seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I take mine out of the bag. I can then fit the bag in the low part of the trunk and line up the clubs on top (club head toward rear). I use a fairly old carry bag. A cart bag might be too big.

This is not handy, but I only play a few times a year.

I would think that my clubs would slosh around if they were in the front seat.
The irons will fit in the back out of the bag. There is a slot on the drivers side of the car that the club grips go into. With that said, I put a thick towel down on the passenger seat and put the bag with the clubs in it there. No rattles at all. :laugh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a slot on the drivers side of the car that the club grips go into.
I don't have my car yet, so I don't know what slot you are talking about. Is that something that you have a picture of?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Buddy of mine with a Ferrari F430 just gets an Uber driver to deliver the clubs, which is brilliant because people at the range don't mind taking delivery of them till he arrives. Not exactly the cheapest option but one that frees you up quite a bit if you're willing to spend the money.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't have my car yet, so I don't know what slot you are talking about. Is that something that you have a picture of?
Here is a picture of the covey in the trunk. I removed all of the golf clubs from the bag and slide the handles into the covey. All of the irons and the putter fit laying across the trunk. The woods do not as they are to long. I did not try and see if the empty bag would fit across the truck laying towards the front of the car with the hatch closed. I think it might. With that said, I find it a lot easier to just put the bag and clubs in the front seat and stuff the passenger in the front trunk.>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of the covey in the trunk.>:D
Got it. Now I understand what you are referring to. Thanks. I guess that I will just have to wait and see what works once I get my car. I have the feeling it will be the bag in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just took out my driver and woods out of the bag and put the whole bag with iron across the engine bay area. The boot can close without problem. Driver and wood lay in the same manner , just beside the golf bag ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts