Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to see, at the Porsche dealer, my fern-green BMW M3 driven away, never to see it again. Faithful companion for 16+ years... but time moves on. In its place now is a 2017 Cayman S in graphite blue, not a flashy color but sophisticated... Eight days in, I'm still getting acquainted with it, but I think we'll be pals. At this point the electronics features are the greatest challenge.
—Doug

Reactions: ZuffenHouseRules

·
892 Posts
Sad to see, at the Porsche dealer, my fern-green BMW M3 driven away, never to see it again. Faithful companion for 16+ years... but time moves on. In its place now is a 2017 Cayman S in graphite blue, not a flashy color but sophisticated... Eight days in, I'm still getting acquainted with it, but I think we'll be pals. At this point the electronics features are the greatest challenge.
—Doug
Welcome to the forum. We don't always agree on every issue but you'll find it's populated by a pretty friendly bunch overall. That was quite some time you kept your M3 there my friend & therefore I'm not surprised it was a bit of a wrench to see it go. As for finding the electronics challenging on your new car........well even compared to the last generation of Boxster/Caymans the electronics have moved on considerably, so against a 16+ year old car that's perhaps not a particularly great shock. The manual does explain things well even if it's not always easy to locate the appropriate article. The Porsche "i manuals" & "Good to Know" app will perhaps be of assistance as they make location of a particular subject far easier. Try & get some pictures posted & enjoy your new car. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome, Chilli! We'll learn the electronics interface as the need arises, as helpfully my wife is more gadget-hound than I. The "Good To Know" app does appear useful, and I appreciate the reference.

Driving the Cayman feels considerably different from the BMW, and its mid-engined nature is reminiscent of the Toyota MR2 I drove in the early 90's. I'm going to like it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts