Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this for @adamza and anyone else who is curious about this color combo. Please accept my apology, as time has been a a serious issue lately. Thus, this is simply a dump of interior pics intended to display how Graphite Blue Leather with Racing Yellow Stitching appears in the real world. Sadly, my camera fails to render the true colors revealed by the naked eye. I'm not even a rank photographer, so keep in mind I'm only intending to show the contrast between the two colors.

That said, Graphite Blue leather is not a true blue like Yachting Blue and, as it's name suggests, contains a significant amount of gray. Regardless, it still comes across as blue in sunlight....but appears more gray with a hint of blue in shadows or low light scenarios.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great shots - good illustrations for the Exclusive Manufaktur options

-Steering column in leather w/ deviated stitching
-Sport Seats Plus with leather seat back shells (w/ deviated stitching)
-Dashboard Leather Trim package w/ deviated stitching (defroster / SC - center speaker / dash end panels)
-Door Sill Trim in leather w/ deviated stitching

-Extended Deviated stitching
*seat outlines / silhouette
*upper & middle door trim
*steering wheel
*IP cluster hood
*Upper dash
*console lid / console side panels

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As @Treemagnet well knows, and the pictures prove it, beautfiul things are worth waiting for. One Texas trick pony for sure....
The wait almost did me in...thanks to everyone for humoring me along the way.

My lovely Bride is head over heals in love with the interior, especially all the yellow bits, and actually said it was "money well spent." This interior now has 4,300 miles and I couldn't be happier or more convinced I made the right choice (YMMV).

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to say a massive thanks @Treemagnet - I appreciate you uploading these and it really sells me on the combo!
Thank you! I wasn't certain how it would look, but my lovely Bride swooned as soon as I described the combo. Once home, she (our BGTS :whistle:) totally blew me away. Seems to have the same affect on everyone who views her top down (again, our BGTS:rolleyes:).

The only change I would have made would have been to go with Dolomite Silver Metallic. Don't get me wrong, Gentian Blue Metallic rocks and I love it. My issue with GBM is dust. Sure, we all deal with dust..it's just that it's prolific to the nth degree here in the Desert Southwest. Regardless, she's a keeper (our BGTS and my lovely Bride;))!

• Love
Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Thank you! I wasn't certain how it would look, but my lovely Bride swooned as soon as I described the combo. Once home, she (our BGTS :whistle:) totally blew me away. Seems to have the same affect on everyone who views her top down (again, our BGTS:rolleyes:).

The only change I would have made would have been to go with Dolomite Silver Metallic. Don't get me wrong, Gentian Blue Metallic rocks and I love it. My issue with GBM is dust. Sure, we all deal with dust..it's just that it's prolific to the nth degree here in the Desert Southwest. Regardless, she's a keeper (our BGTS and my lovely Bride;))!
It's times like this that I miss my color vision.... It must look amazing....

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree - Gentian is a beautiful colour. Saw it on a Taycan in the showroom and the way the light hits it and causes variations in the colour is just stunning. But since it’s so dark I can imagine it doesn’t get on well with dust at all!

The concern is that I’d be pairing this interior with Racing Yellow exterior and so the black and yellow theme on the outside won’t follow to the interior. Can still get away with it I think.

Glad that both of you love the car so much. I’m having a harder time convincing my wife of the Cayman! It would replace a 2016 Audi RS7 which neither of us wants to let go to be honest!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Certainly understand your apprehension in letting go of the RS7, as it's a wonderful luxury car with a fantastic power plant. But, just one day in your new Cayman and you'll never look back again.

I'm convinced there is sufficient gray in the Graphite Blue leather to make it work well with a Yellow and Black exterior. I guarantee she'd be extremely rare, if not the only one in captivity.

Reactions: adamza and Raven

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This interior looks so good!! I’ll say again, those seat backs are a must have feature IMO.
Thank you! They're overpriced for what they are. Regardless, it would have been travesty and close to an executable offense had I not included them in this build.

• Haha
Reactions: adamza and Raven
1 - 15 of 15 Posts