Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love checking in to this forum, seeing who's saying what, particularly because of the international context. Just out of interest, can anybody enlighten me as to the origins and ownership of the forum/ Was it set up by enthusiasts or an advertising company? Are there forums for loads of other cars run by the same organisation? What is Autoguide? Who are the Administrators? No axe to grind, just wondered.:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, Got it. just by clicking on T&C's, to get to AutoGuide and VerticalScope, huge commercial multi-site operation. No worries, doing a valuable job guys and very professional, unlike might be if it was an amateur enthusiasts' set up. Still wonder who the Administrators are, presumably employees in Toronto, rather than Senior members. Still no worries.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm half-convinced some of the Admin posts are done by bot. I PM'd Admin and never got a response....anyone else?

eta: just recalled -- early on we did get 718Admin to change the short time-limited window for editing posts, per request by a Senior Member who is still around I think. Apart from that....no Admin interactions I'm aware of. Still, proof of a real human Admin (at least occasionally)! But we mostly are on our own, and self-Moderated. So be cool and just walk away from those agonizing p***ing-contest threads before they even get started - PLEASE.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

to be honest i was curious about this at one point but don't care any more, how much does it matter anyways?
i'm just here to talk to other 718 owners

·
Registered
638 Posts
how much does it matter anyways?
Actually one important issue: what happens when AutoGuide decides it no longer wants to sponsor dozens of marque-specific forums like this one. Do they just pull the plug on this site and we lose all content? Or do they provide advance notice and work with us to get everything archived for transfer to a new site using one of the free forum wikis. Perhaps our new Moderators can get some clarification from Admin on this eventuality...

·
892 Posts
Rest assured that 718Admin is not merely a bot as Porsche2018 & I have both recently received several communications, but the forum has expanded quite rapidly of late & they felt the time had come for a little hand with the day to day running. Hence why Porsche2018 (the sensible & one) & I (the daft one) have recently been requested to act as moderators & no doubt others will follow. Bear with the pair of us as we're both new to this & still getting to grips with the manual etc. However if you have any major queries or concerns then feel free to PM either myself or Porsche2018 & we'll see what we can do to help. If we're currently unable to provide you with a satisfactory answer or resolution (as I said bear with us) then we do have others with far more experience from whom we can seek also seek assistance.

Thank you & kind regards
Chilli.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Per @Chilli above, honest-to-goodness member moderators are in the works.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Rest assured that 718Admin is not merely a bot as Porsche2018 & I have both recently received several communications, but the forum has expanded quite rapidly of late & they felt the time had come for a little hand with the day to day running. Hence why Porsche2018 (the sensible & one) & I (the daft one) have recently been requested to act as moderators & no doubt others will follow. Bear with the pair of us as we're both new to this & still getting to grips with the manual etc. However if you have any major queries or concerns then feel free to PM either myself or Porsche2018 & we'll see what we can do to help. If we're currently unable to provide you with a satisfactory answer or resolution (as I said bear with us) then we do have others with far more experience from whom we can seek also seek assistance.

Thank you & kind regards
Chilli.
Thanks Chilli but you can’t describe anyone as being sensible if their willing to pay way over MSRP for a Porsche......

Though, as Chilli eloquently stated we will do all we can to help out and make the Best Porsche forum (718 forum) even better..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts