Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several mobile mount threads and I came across a mount that checks every box I was looking for.
Due to the 718’s tight cabin space there really isn’t a good clean place to mount for a phone. The other issue I had was I didn’t want to drill or take apart car trim. I also didn’t want to mount a magnet to my case or even under my 12promax case.

The Bracketron auto grip vent mount checks all boxes for me. It is slimline and folds up neatly when the phone is not in the holder. This also allows great air flow from the vents. The vent airflow can still be angled to the driver with the phone in the mount. The right middle vent is the optimal placement IMO... easy to reach, great view and blends in nicely with the cars interior.

I was never a fan of vent holders but this one is minimal and is stable. Hope this helps forpeople looking for a good practical mobile phone holder.

·
Registered
2020 Cayman S, MT
35 Posts
i use a wiz gear magnetic vent mount with a speck case for my samsung galaxy in the spot you've shown. The box for the mount is in this pic. i have the same mount in 3 cars for convenience and never have had an issue, its pretty strong.

nice CF interior btw, i have the same and I modded my key fob to match :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got a T Design Monaco for my iPhone 12 pro. its a magnetic mount with wireless charging and doesn’t damage the dash in any way. Not cheap ($130) but has all the featuresI want and the company is very responsive to questions. They also make several other Porsche mounts for other phones.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Phone Mount - Be warned... this little thing will stick to anything! I've moved, removed and transferred to other vehicles and still sticks like crazy! I have several of these now because they work so darn good.

iPhone Cable

Impressive little phone holder with a 10ft iPhone usb cable routed in the A-Pillar and head liner to USB Port (chose glove box or center console as the cable is plenty long for either). For about $30 it's the best I've been able to do!

Obviously I just placed the phone case in as a representation of the phone... needed phone for picture!

·
Registered
61 Posts
After trying out various holders, T-Design fit the bill for me. Pricey but it's perfect for my needs. Non-magnetic since I use wireless charging often so I don't want a piece of metal on the inside of my phone case, does not obstruct a vent, does not require any panel removal, easily rotates from portrait to landscape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts