Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 718 BS was delivered on Wednesday. I live on the outskirts of Phoenix, Arizona and recently joined here and PCA. Just thought Id say hi, post a pic and express how much I love my 718 already. The car was used to promote the 718 launch and owned by PCNA, hence the nice list of options and the pre-allocated 3900 miles. To me that just means its pre-broken in. :D

Primary options:
Graphite Blue Metallic with black leather pkg and black top.
Carrera S wheels
Chrono
PDK
PTV
PASM
PDLS
PCM
LCA
BOSE
14 way premium pkg

I had a little fun on some remote desert highways near my house this past weekend - fully opening the throttle and getting it up to 140mph very quickly. However I do not recommend going faster than that without putting the top up first! :eek: The wind was noisy and forceful. This car is so balanced and handles turns like a go cart, everything seems effortless. I havent really explored sports+ mode much yet and have not hit the sport response button but Im so impressed and its so much fun.

Great site! Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome on congrats on your purchase! Your 718 looks awesome You should definitely get like a dash cam to record all these highway drives :) How do you like it on Carrera S wheels?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lovely color in the desert sun! Many thanks for the write-up.

Do you plan on doing any paint protection or wrap/film?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome on congrats on your purchase! Your 718 looks awesome You should definitely get like a dash cam to record all these highway drives :) How do you like it on Carrera S wheels?
Thanks. My buddy used his iphone to video some 120mph action through some of the twisty hills on the way to Vegas. I should have him send it so I can post here. >:D I really like the look of the Carrera S wheels. At 20" the meat is a bit thin, however the roads out here are generally better than most of the country but I do feel it a bit when the tarmac gets rough. My console tells me that when the tires are heated the fronts are running at 30psi and the rears at 32psi. Im curious if that is fairly standard to have the offset between front and rear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely color in the desert sun! Many thanks for the write-up.

Do you plan on doing any paint protection or wrap/film?
I do have the clear bra and that also appears to be wrapped around the side mirrors and door edges. Full wrap would be great but I think the more exposed areas are covered which suits me well for now.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Great looking car. That colour was my second favourite choice.

Really great to see people are so pleased with these cars.

I'm collecting my first new Porsche, a base PDK car, at the Atlanta Experience Center on Tuesday and driving it back to NJ. I think the wait (14 weeks) will be worth it.

Reactions: Gutwrencher

·
Registered
459 Posts
Great looking car. That colour was my second favourite choice.

Really great to see people are so pleased with these cars.

I'm collecting my first new Porsche, a base PDK car, at the Atlanta Experience Center on Tuesday and driving it back to NJ. I think the wait (14 weeks) will be worth it.
Tell me about it, there's just about not one single person I can find that's disappointed by a large margin with these cars and if they are its often to do with unrealistic expectations, or what they wanted wasn't in fact a 718 but more of a GT car with more torque than a sportscar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts