Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Umm... is this for real? Do you just mean the 718 generally? Was there even a concept to consider? Do you konw much about this vehicle at all?

·
Registered
459 Posts
There was never a concept, instead we just seen test mules. The 718 isn't that big of a move for them to go to the lengths of creating a concept.

Unless the 718 as we know it looks so good to you that you think its a concept ;)

As far as my impressions go, i'm impressed, big improvement from where the boxster and cayman started. Now we sort of have a 911 alternative. I have some buddies that dropped the idea of getting a 911 for a Cayman GT4.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm... is this for real? Do you just mean the 718 generally? Was there even a concept to consider? Do you konw much about this vehicle at all?
lol accidentally put forum concept instead of the boxter and cayenne.

Would like more about the pros and cons (what do you love and hate about it).:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think you mean Cayman since the Cayenne is a SUV.

The current Cayman is amazing, just about the best car you can get for the money and to some people has been a 911 alternative, letting them not spend nearly as much but still get great value out of it.

One slight downside to the new 718 Cayman (and Boxster) is going to be the lack of a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder, something that could make the current Cayman a bit more special.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you mean Cayman since the Cayenne is a SUV.

The current Cayman is amazing, just about the best car you can get for the money and to some people has been a 911 alternative, letting them not spend nearly as much but still get great value out of it.

One slight downside to the new 718 Cayman (and Boxster) is going to be the lack of a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder, something that could make the current Cayman a bit more special.
You have to be kidding, the turbo 4 if far superior to the old 6 cylinder. The low end torque is amazing and the 300 hp 718 has better performance than the old 350 hp 981. If sound is what you like save your money and check out trombone scooter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
wow - 4 yr old thread. Time flies!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Reactions: Graustark
1 - 8 of 8 Posts