Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Beautiful 718.....oh that's redundant.....all 718's are beautiful. Just a few more days and you will be in Porsche heaven.....man it's real fun to drive and drive and well you get the idea.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your car looks great! The blacked out taillights are a really nice touch along with the painted bumper.

Congratulations on the new car, enjoy it :D

Edit: Noticed you got the yellow break callipers also- did you get the ceramic break option too? Wow you've got a nicely specced out car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My welcome also,

white and black looks great. Two colors design is what I like. :D Have fun and enjoy your first rides. After 2k miles the response button will be yours.>:D

·
892 Posts
Looking forward to Friday when I take delivery of my new Carrera White C718S. UK member - Northamptonshire.
At least you won't have to travel very far to the Porsche experience centre & if I lived closer I'd certainly use it more. Those facilities are both educational & brilliant fun to boot, so make sure you take advantage. You're unlikely to regret it..................unfortunately your wallet will undoubtedly hate you. I envy you being so close & wish the facility was nearer to me (I've still been on numerous occasions despite the distance). The car's looking good & being as Carrera white was the colour of my first Porsche I've still got a real soft spot for it. The black wheels provide great contrast & were an excellent choice, even if not originally your own. The brakes though? My own car (Boxster S) is mega specced, but those are just so expensive. Really nice though & it's not a criticism because actual braking performance aside, the difference in purely unsprung weight is pretty dramatic. Having physically felt that weight difference I was actually quite shocked, they are just so light by comparison to the regular set up. Darn it, I think there might just be another bit of envy creeping in. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At least you won't have to travel very far to the Porsche experience centre & if I lived closer I'd certainly use it more. Those facilities are both educational & brilliant fun to boot, so make sure you take advantage. You're unlikely to regret it..................unfortunately your wallet will undoubtedly hate you. I envy you being so close & wish the facility was nearer to me (I've still been on numerous occasions despite the distance). The car's looking good & being as Carrera white was the colour of my first Porsche I've still got a real soft spot for it. The black wheels provide great contrast & were an excellent choice, even if not originally your own. The brakes though? My own car (Boxster S) is mega specced, but those are just so expensive. Really nice though & it's not a criticism because actual braking performance aside, the difference in purely unsprung weight is pretty dramatic. Having physically felt that weight difference I was actually quite shocked, they are just so light by comparison to the regular set up. Darn it, I think there might just be another bit of envy creeping in. :)
I am 5 miles away from Silverstone and know the Experience well. Have been very lucky to have had several sessions there in Classic 911s, 991s, 981s and now a 718S. Sadly, I don't get a free session with this purchase as technically it's a "used" car from OPC.

And yes the PCCBs are a welcome bonus. I would never have specced myself but hey! I'm not going to say no :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts