Porsche 718 Forum banner

GT4 carbon fiber side scoops on Cayman S

8K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Eboosted 
#1 ·
Hello Guys:
Last month I bought a set of OEM GT4 side intake scoops for my 718 Cayman S and covered them with real carbon fiber, they ended up pretty nice looking. I have a car shop so these kind oif jobs are done almost every week and I had all materials ready.

Automotive design Gesture Grey Font Rectangle

Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Hood Material property

Hood Grille Automotive design Sleeve Grey

Hood Grey Automotive design Bumper Grille

I'll install them right now and will be back with more pictures

See less See more
#6 ·
DB Carbon inners and CSS outer, fixed in place with clear epoxy resin, been bonded on for 18 months without issues you could literally jack the car up from them 😀
i figured why would i want to take them off 🤷🏻‍♂️
(i also figured that i can purchase new rocker panels from ebay for £120 if i ever wanted to return to stock ??)

Cheers ALB

#7 ·
Very nice work. Can this be done DIY? I'm assuming you have a single layer of carbon? Did you have to vacuum wrap it and any sanding and polishing required?

Note for those who were asking the OEM GT4 side scoops are a little larger and click in more securely than the aftermarket carbon ones. Both are a good option but I have had a carbon one fly off at 230kph so you need to keep an eye on the adhesive which keeps the aftermarket ones stuck in place. The GT4 ones can become a little loose on the trailing edge but still hang on.

#23 ·
I don't know either, but from the left side you have more force on the air entering the box, and on the right side, most of that air is piped into the top front of the box and I can imagine that increasing the pressure significantly in the filter box. Also, on the right side, the extra pressure on the split that goes up to intercooler before going out the exhaust might actually cool better (compressed air cools, if I remember right). I think it would be a win for both the intercooler and the turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.