Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Big discussion of this over at another forum. Consensus over there is that Luke is confusing numbers between crank and wheel HP, the dyno operator isn't directing air into the sides, and Luke may even be using the wrong spec gas.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big discussion of this over at another forum. Consensus over there is that Luke is confusing numbers between crank and wheel HP, the dyno operator isn't directing air into the sides, and Luke may even be using the wrong spec gas.
What I hear is... excuses.

I don’t think this is Luke’s first Porsche, he’s using the proper gas. Sure having race gas may help but quoted numbers are not based on that.

Positive air pressure (fan) may add what? >1hp on a NA engine?

wheel vs. crank is exact reason for the variance!

I like Luke’s vids but this is an obviously vague video and created for clicks/debate.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also... it’s only numbers. Take it to a different dyno and you may get completely different numbers.

He should have done a before and after for the exhaust. I feel that Porsche has pretty good exhaust systems and little to no gains to be had with a change. Other than exhaust note! Better sound is always better!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I watched this but really don't value this guy's opinion or consider him a 'credible' youtube source.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Isn't "credible YouTube source" an oxymoron?
To be fair the same could be said about internet forums... Within the context of the media platform that is Youtube there are actually some youtube channels that I find informative and enjoy watching.

Are they the last word in automotive journalism? No, but I would also wager that these days very few print publications are either.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
To be fair the same could be said about internet forums... Within the context of the media platform that is Youtube there are actually some youtube channels that I find informative and enjoy watching.
In forums, you can't make money peddling bull$hιt to a 15 yo. Occasionally some fanatic or stupid or... will start a flame war, but it's all non-profit!... :LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts