Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Cayman T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time seeing a GT4 RS in the flesh. What a beauty. SA said they aren't taking any more orders for GT4 and GT4 RS. Is this in line with what people are hearing from other dealerships? Apparently, all of the GT4 RS allocations they received were prioritized for existing 918 owners. I think they had one that was sold through normal channels with a 100% ADM.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Car

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,168 Posts
Very nice looking motor that.
porsche, rightly or wrongly prioritise existing owners.
from my point of view I get this and understand it and the thought process is then reward existing and loyal customers.
personally, if in the market to spend this type of money for a car, would then opt for a used 911 GTS.
each to their own of course 😎

·
Registered
20 Posts
It must be GT4RS season at our local Porsche Dealerships, I saw this beauty on Monday while I was ordering my GTS. I had to ask if it was spoken for already and the answer was yes. FYI it sold for 205k.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,077 Posts
It must be GT4RS season at our local Porsche Dealerships, I saw this beauty on Monday while I was ordering my GTS. I had to ask if it was spoken for already and the answer was yes. FYI it sold for 205k.
What dealer? FWIW, $205k is a steal of a deal on a GT4RS. They had been commanding $125k+ over MSRP (i.e. $300k+). Last week I got offered a build allocation that is still changeable, at $70k over MSRP. That would end up being $265,000 for my (just for the fun of it) build: The Porsche Code

Thanks goodness they don't come with three pedals or I might be sleeping outside tonight. Possibly permanently.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Gear shift

·
Registered
432 Posts
from my point of view I get this and understand it and the thought process is then reward existing and loyal customers.
personally, if in the market to spend this type of money for a car, would then opt for a used 911 GTS.
Guessing he has several GTs

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,077 Posts
"Used 911 GTS"?.....A brand new 911 GTS is MSRP and about $75k under the best deal you will find on a GT4RS. So if that's your cup of tea, you can go for it now! But it's a totally different car. I've had a 2005 911S and came within inches of getting a 911 GTS in 2012, and then again in 2019. But, other than a 991.2 GT3 6-speed to tempt me, I think I'm permanently in the mid-engine camp. Unfortunately the GT4 RS only comes with two pedals.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Whilst I think there is no replacement for the 4RS particularly with that 4l motorsport engine, given most of us cannot get one, let alone afford one, I think a modded GT4 is a good idea and I notice a lot of GT4 owners starting to reach into the 4RS parts bin.

Or you could go with the GTS 2.5T platform with stage 3 upgrade and reach 525hp+ for a fraction of the price. Then get a proper motor sport GT rear wing and front splitter, and with the right suspension set up, 18" wheels and R-compound tires I think it would be faster on the track, given the right driver input. Put on a pair of equal length headers and it should also have that screaming motor sport sound. Maybe call it a GTS RS ;)

I guess the lack of warranty may be a concern to some but IMO with the low relative cost you could afford a new transission and even engine rebuild and still have spare change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just snagged a RS allocation for 50k ADM at a local dealer with ED (We were already planning to head to Europe next year anyway), so guess they are out there and first time Porsche buyer here. I do hate paying ADM's (first time for me) but this is one of the cars I truly want (GT3 Touring/RS, C8 Z06 or the GT4RS) and after talking to friends that I trust, seems like it's currently a solid deal; so let my M4 CSL go & sold the X5MC to repurpose the $$$.

The GM & GSM said that it was just dumb luck timing for the new allocation and a good referral, from a good mutual friend. (Went in for a 4 GTS). They had been doing 100K ADM apparently and some places still are, so 70k seems good too. The downside is the wait begins all over again, so it's a 392 Durango for the "fun" car for a while! Feel very fortunate tbh though, given the current and changing markets.

It does seem like if they keep making allocations avaible, the ADM might be trending down, time will tell. Then again I'm new to the P world! :)

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I just snagged a RS allocation for 50k ADM at a local dealer with ED (We were already planning to head to Europe next year anyway), so guess they are out there and first time Porsche buyer here. I do hate paying ADM's (first time for me) but this is one of the cars I truly want (GT3 Touring/RS, C8 Z06 or the GT4RS) and after talking to friends that I trust, seems like it's currently a solid deal; so let my M4 CSL go & sold the X5MC to repurpose the $$$.

The GM & GSM said that it was just dumb luck timing for the new allocation and a good referral, from a good mutual friend. (Went in for a 4 GTS). They had been doing 100K ADM apparently and some places still are, so 70k seems good too. The downside is the wait begins all over again, so it's a 392 Durango for the "fun" car for a while! Feel very fortunate tbh though, given the current and changing markets.

It does seem like if they keep making allocations avaible, the ADM might be trending down, time will tell. Then again I'm new to the P world! :)
Congratulations! This seems like a very good deal given the ADM folks have been paying to get a GT4RS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts