Porsche 718 Forum banner

Are you hoping to buy a GT4 RS? Would you pay over MSRP?

• I'm not interested in buying a GT4 RS.

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • I would pay MSRP and no more.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I would pay up to $5K over MSRP.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I would pay up to $10K over MSRP.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I would pay up to $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I would more than $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 1 1.8%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure Porsche knows exactly what they are doing with this car, but I also bet the number they expect to sell is small. The Cayman market is limited to begin with, so how many of us are going to take the plunge and make a run at one? I also don't imagine many, if any, GT3-seekers who will get interested in a GT4 RS to save a few bucks for the same motor.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I"m trying to get one, and it would replace the GT3 for me. It's actually not that much cheaper, but I like the size and I like the mid-engine config and I'm an induction sound guy (versus exhaust)

But I would say the GT3 is a better value overall because of its superior suspension, better downforce, e-diff (if you get the PDK), choice of transmission (if you prefer not to have PDK). Those are all real advantages of the GT3.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
401 Posts
I'm sure Porsche knows exactly what they are doing with this car, but I also bet the number they expect to sell is small.
I bet you are wrong. Go over on Rennlist and get a feel for the frenzy. The GT4RS thread has been going for over two years and has more than 4,500 posts. There are a lot (relatively) of people ready to spend money on this car. You also may be disregarding the rather sizeable group of people that buy multiple Porsches and other cars, and want one of these for the stable. Or to flip.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I"m trying to get one, and it would replace the GT3 for me. It's actually not that much cheaper, but I like the size and I like the mid-engine config and I'm an induction sound guy (versus exhaust)

But I would say the GT3 is a better value overall because of its superior suspension, better downforce, e-diff (if you get the PDK), choice of transmission (if you prefer not to have PDK). Those are all real advantages of the GT3.
The GT4 only comes with PDK so probably the same diff as the GT3

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I want a Boxster with the same engine and suspension.
And there is no way i can buy a GT4 RS, there are most likely 100 people before me.....

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I want a Boxster with the same engine and suspension.
And there is no way i can buy a GT4 RS, there are most likely 100 people before me.....
There is a rumor out there that Porsche will be making this Spyder RS. I just don’t know how they will manage the intake air? Also where does the roof fit then?

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
114 Posts
As of this moment, about 11pm pacific time, this thread has had upwards of 200 views yet only 20 have responded to the poll question. Can I assume from that the rest are in the "not interested" to buy camp?
Not in my opinion--you can't assume upwards of 180 'not interested' votes.

Poll vote counts are usually a low percentage of thread readers, who are curious about other's thoughts. Even if readers have mentally seen a suitable poll choice for themselves, they've no obligation nor interest to post their selection. And that's ok. Just like many threads have very high reader counts, with very few posts (even though each reader has an opinion). And that's ok.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It may be a case of ‘can’t afford one’ or ‘have got more chance of winning the lottery than getting an allocation’.
Right, there isn't a good answer option for "interested, but can't afford one." As for those looking at long odds for an allocation, you've got to play to win! If you get an allocation, how high are you willing to go?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
As of this moment this thread has had upwards of 200 views yet only 20 have responded to the poll question. Can I assume the rest are in the "not interested" to buy camp?
I'd have to qualify my answer to the poll. I don't want one for anything other than as an investment. I don't have any interest in owning one to drive. Well, maybe I'd put a hundred or so miles on it, but not being a track guy, I wouldn't want this for the road. It would be a garage queen. If the poll had a category for that I'm in ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'd have to qualify my answer to the poll. I don't want one for anything other than as an investment. I don't have any interest in owning one to drive. Well, maybe I'd put a hundred or so miles on it, but not being a track guy, I wouldn't want this for the road. It would be a garage queen. If the poll had a category for that I'm in ;)
I'm interested to know how much people are willing to pay for this car irrespective of why they want to buy it. In fact, the results should give you an idea of what the car might be worth as an investment if you were to buy one. Have you voted? So far it doesn't look like folks are ready to pay much if anything over MSRP. At least that looks like the case for readers on this forum so far.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I'm interested to know how much people are willing to pay for this car irrespective of why they want to buy it. In fact, the results should give you an idea of what the car might be worth as an investment if you were to buy one. Have you voted? So far it doesn't look like folks are ready to pay much if anything over MSRP. At least that looks like the case so far for readers on this forum.
i might pay ADM. it depends on what the ADM is on the GT3 if and when I can get an allocation.

My only hesitation on this car is that the GT3 may be better value.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My only hesitation on this car is that the GT3 may be better value.
I would agree with you that the GT3 is likely to have better value than the GT4RS considering the features included in the GT3 that are not available for GT4RS. That said, the chances of getting a GT3 are lower than the odds of getting a GT4RS, unless you are Manny Khoshbin (who apparently already has the order in for GT4RS and GT3RS).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts