Porsche 718 Forum banner

Are you hoping to buy a GT4 RS? Would you pay over MSRP?

• I'm not interested in buying a GT4 RS.

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • I would pay MSRP and no more.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • I would pay up to $5K over MSRP.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I would pay up to $10K over MSRP.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I would pay up to $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I would more than $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 2 3.3%
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm interested to know how much people are willing to pay for this car irrespective of why they want to buy it. In fact, the results should give you an idea of what the car might be worth as an investment if you were to buy one. Have you voted? So far it doesn't look like folks are ready to pay much if anything over MSRP. At least that looks like the case so far for readers on this forum.
I saw an order sheet that was placed for one at our PCA holiday party last Saturday. Base price is 140k. It was optioned out the kazoo which pushed the price to near 200k. Then it had a 10% markup and 100k ADM on top. From memory, the final number was around 314k. So it's clear that there are people out there who want it badly enough to go long. More than likely they're the same guys that buy hypercars to show off at C&Cs and other events and then get them trailered back to a storage facility.

It's obviously no secret this is the last hurrah for Porsche ICE or at least the 718 ICE line. Preuninger has pretty much said so himself. There are certainly enough people with deep pockets to push this cars price into the stratosphere. The GT4 RS is the 911R of the mid-engine lineup.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I would agree with you that the GT3 is likely to have better value than the GT4RS considering the features included in the GT3 that are not available for GT4RS. That said, the chances of getting a GT3 are lower than the odds of getting a GT4RS, unless you are Manny Khoshbin (who apparently already has the order in for GT4RS and GT3RS).
True. I happen to be in the opposite situation, with what I think is a firm commitment for a GT3, but nothing on a GT4RS, but yeah a lot of this will depend on availability and if you want a car in 2022.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
IMO the GT3 will be around a lot longer than the GT4 RS in the Porsche lineup. There will be many more GT3s around than the GT4 RS. That will be the rare bird. My buddy just took delivery of his GT3. Traded in his manual '18 GT3 for the allocation and a second is expecting delivery any day as it is getting hand controls fitted. He has limited use of his legs.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
There is a rumor out there that Porsche will be making this Spyder RS. I just don’t know how they will manage the intake air? Also where does the roof fit then?
Don't know and don't care...if the rumor is true, then put me on the list now!

·
Registered
144 Posts
IMO the GT3 will be around a lot longer than the GT4 RS in the Porsche lineup. There will be many more GT3s around than the GT4 RS. That will be the rare bird.
I would be very curious to know how Porsche will shift production within the 718 lineup. If the demand is there, I am certain they will prioritize higher margin orders (GT4RS) over Base/S models.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I would be very curious to know how Porsche will shift production within the 718 lineup. If the demand is there, I am certain they will prioritize higher margin orders (GT4RS) over Base/S models.
Not sure any of us can predict what the minds at Porsche will do considering the 911R was hotly sought after and they still limited it's production to what? 500 units? They could have sold 5000. Now they're selling for more than twice the build price. Preuninger in his interview did hint that this was the last hurrah before the line goes hybrid or all electric. Didn't say it in those terms, but he didn't deny when asked.

·
Registered
525 Posts
A friend replaced his GT3 with a GT3 touring. Loves it. If there were an easy way to remove the wing without letting water in that would be a good option. The downforce front v rear would unbalance at high speeds but I don't drive around curves in town at 130 mph. I would feel la bit silly driving around town with a huge swan neck wing. Like the young boys who buzz down the highway with big wings bolted on their sport hatchbacks but on a lot more $$ car.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,567 Posts
I love the concept of the GT4 and would love to have it as a track day toy, but that's a heck of a lot for my level of track driving. I'm sure the GT3 would be more likely for me, but even then, it's out of my league and skill set level. I do love tracking my base Cayman and I'm lucky that my instructor had a race-modified 914 so that I could absorb his philosophy of "going fast in a slower car" vs "slow in a fast car". I'd rather embarrass someone else than be embarrassed myself.

Reactions: HyperMunda

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Will sign my contract tomorrow with my dealer for hopefully an early delivery in Spring and trade in my GT4 for the RS. Just love everything about this car.
Very nice!! Can't wait to hear more about it. It will be good to see impressions from a GT4 driver.

I'm on a list. Well I'm on the "maybe we will get to this guy in 2023 list" :D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
you won't be able to touch the GT4 RS unless you're paying north of $20K if you're lucky
In the US, $20k will definitely not get it done. Try $50k+, and even then it's still get in line. At least on the East Coast. And definitely on the West Coast probably!

But I think it will die down a bit next year. Or at least I hope. Right now there is a very strong "need to be the first on YouTube and then C&C" on this.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was wrong about the number I posted for the guy that purchased the RS. I sent pix of my new ride to my friend and we started chatting. I asked him about the order and he said it was 350k not 315k. I guess the guy really wanted one lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow that is absolutely nuts. I think Nova996 is spot on that some folks absolutely want to be the first ones to get this car and are willing to pay ridiculously more than MSRP. This hype will probably simmer down next year depending on other cars being launched.
Spoke with a dealer who has confirmed that there is almost no chance for me to get a 2022 model. I will patiently wait on the list with hopes of getting an allocation for 2023. In the meantime, I am loving the CGTS 4.0.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts