Porsche 718 Forum banner

Are you hoping to buy a GT4 RS? Would you pay over MSRP?

• I'm not interested in buying a GT4 RS.

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • I would pay MSRP and no more.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • I would pay up to $5K over MSRP.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I would pay up to $10K over MSRP.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I would pay up to $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I would more than $20K over MSRP.

Votes: 2 3.3%
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is that to say your dealer already has allocations?
No, no quotes are out, according to the dealer. But the dealers have a good understanding what they can expect for 2022. I started the conversation very early in summer and I decided to buy the car one day after the official launch. My Rep told me today that all allocations for 2022 are gone and that they stopped to take further orders. I‘m probably one of the first three to get a car, lucky me. The demand is indeed huge! They could sell so many more!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was wrong about the number I posted for the guy that purchased the RS. I sent pix of my new ride to my friend and we started chatting. I asked him about the order and he said it was 350k not 315k. I guess the guy really wanted one lol
I really feel so sorry for you guys in the US. Big demand here in Europe/Switzerland for sure, but I doubt that Porsche dealers are asking for a premium. I got my allocation without any „side“ agreement to „normal“ conditions. Can‘t wait now to get a hold to my new RS. Good chance for a delivery in May/June, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I really feel so sorry for you guys in the US. Big demand here in Europe/Switzerland for sure, but I doubt that Porsche dealers are asking for a premium. I got my allocation without any „side“ agreement to „normal“ conditions. Can‘t wait now to get a hold to my new RS. Good chance for a delivery in May/June, fingers crossed.
Zydi. I was so impressed with my last visit to Zurich. Within 15 minutes of arriving downtown I saw exotics I have never seen in person before. Lovely place. I performed my customary McDonald's BigMac price check (The Economist does this) that showed Zurich had the highest price BigMac I'd ever encountered. Cheers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's called the GTS, isn't it?
No the GTS is very different than what is implied by a GT4RS Touring. Technically speaking, there could have been a Cayman GT4 Touring. However, I am not sure that car will ever be made. There are critical differences between GTS and GT4 for aerodynamics, suspension, etc. You can look at the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 Touring for the best analogy.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
No the GTS is very different than what is implied by a GT4RS Touring. Technically speaking, there could have been a Cayman GT4 Touring. However, I am not sure that car will ever be made. There are critical differences between GTS and GT4 for aerodynamics, suspension, etc. You can look at the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 Touring for the best analogy.
Right, in fact a GTS 4.0 would be more analogous a "GT4 Touring" than a "GT4 RS Touring", if either were to exist.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
An occasional golfing partner advised today his dealer granted him a GT4 RS allocation. This guy has purchased numerous cars from the dealer and has a livery that totally blows my mind....many supercars. The deal requires him to pay $14K ADM and purchase two Panameras and one Cayenne. He figures to flip the Panameras and Cayenne without losing any money in today's market. He said I could do some laps at an HPDE session in his RS once it arrives :cool:. I expect him in the passenger seat as an instructor...can't wait!

Another member of our golf club and friend of the above received an RS allocation from a different dealer. His RS will receive PTS in full Golf Livery at the standard PTS cost, plus $8K for the Golf Livery license. No word on the amount of ADM or other purchase(s) required to get the deal.

• Wow
Reactions: HyperMunda
41 - 53 of 53 Posts