Porsche 718 Forum banner

GT4 scoops painted and installed

53K views 161 replies 39 participants last post by  jeebsy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Are they just held on with 3M double sided tape?

Reactions: patentcad
#12 ·
There is obviously a demand for these scoops.
They do improve the look of the vehicle and probably assist cooling too.
You would think Porsche would produce them for all the other Cayman Models, not just the GT4.
Think they would be a popular option or add on if they came already painted.

#20 ·
Will take pictures mid week when I return from a trip and do the install. This is a direct replacement as if you had a damaged GT4. That means that the grill basket has a single crossbar vs the 2 bar that we all have now. ( maybe that is where the confusion lies ). The scoop clips into the basket the same way the basket snaps into the panel. This creates a one piece structure -step one. No tools , no clips - just install the grill basket in reverse order of the original -step two.

#24 ·
Of course if I actually read the full description my questions would be answered.... UGH. You need to use 3M double sided tape to complete the install.

NOTE: 3M Double-sided adhesive is required for installation, but is not included. For high speed and track use, we recommend using as much adhesive as possible.

#25 ·
Has anyone ever done before/after testing to see if these improve cooling? Everyone thinks they should improve it but we have no data to back it up.

I'd consider this if it actually made a difference. And it must use screws instead of just tape to stick on (Suncoast tried on their 718 with tape and it fell off on track).

#27 ·
Maybe the suncoast guys can chime in on this. On their 718 project car they installed these in the same manner, filled in the GT4, etc. However, they installed them with double sided tape and they broke off at speed on track. I track my car and DO want these but i'd want to make sure they were well secured before trying them.

#31 ·
Purchased from SunCoast. It’s the only one they offer for 718. Type in “ scoops “ in search bar. Part numbers are a mystery but I do remember that they had Porsche molded into it next to part numbers. Seems OEM from that standpoint. Paid $150 for paint and GT4 delete. Snapped in in 5 minutes. Go for it. Seems a popular mode these days.