Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched a video with Jack Rix and Ollie Marriage as they did some comparisons between the GT4RS and the GT3RS. The camera work was exceptional, their driving, was good, they flogged the cars around the track at the airfield, and they gave some honest impressions regarding the cars. Shows just how good the GT4RS is and at a lower price point. Or at least it's supposed to be. :unsure:

· Registered
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
33 Posts
The intake being right behind your ears feeding into a GT3 engine is insane that could be selling point on it own. It has similar sound tuning engineering as an LFA . What other car can give the same induction noise without going to hyper car prices. But as far as performance and engineering the GT3 RS is phenomenal. 2.5 Gs of lateral acceleration is outrageous for a road car and with all the setup changes you can do from the wheel, Porsche nailed the ultimate track car. Also the air management is proper racing car. Chris Harris did a great short review on the GT3 RS. Porsche's RS models are some of their most desirable cars for a reason

· Registered
4,313 Posts
Unpopular opinion: the gt4rs is over priced.
It's costs €225000 over here without options while the gt3rs costs €310000 without options. In terms of engineering, the gt3rs is in a different league, as @TooTurbo mentioned above. Don't get me wrong, I would love to own one but not at that price. That's 2 year old Ferrari money!
An effectively new (25 miles) GT4RS with Weissach package failed to sell on Bring A Trailer with a high bid of $275,000. I'd love to own one too, but would be compelled to go 458 or 488 Spider if SWMBO allowed me to park that much cash in the garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts