1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
It just does not sound like a GT car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
How does it sound not like a GT car? From particulate filter? It sounds great to me, but I am more of a novice on this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it’s quite difficult to pick up the ‘true’ sound on a video without a decent microphone etc. And from the videos I’ve seen, the US cars appear to sound much better than their UK/European counterparts; even though they still appear to have some kind of GPF (or something resembling one).

Of course they can all be improved with a decent aftermarket exhaust. Here’s one example:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I think it’s quite difficult to pick up the ‘true’ sound on a video without a decent microphone etc. And from the video’s I seen, the US cars appear to sound much better than their UK/European counterparts; even though they still appear to have some kind of GPF (or something resembling one).

Of course they can all be improved with a decent aftermarket exhaust. Here’s one example:
Meh...

Not convincing enough to lose the lower end turbo performance... YMMV

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it’s quite difficult to pick up the ‘true’ sound on a video without a decent microphone etc. And from the video’s I seen, the US cars appear to sound much better than their UK/European counterparts; even though they still appear to have some kind of GPF (or something resembling one).

Give me few more days, Roger Bailey will post his review on my car. This was literally me holding iPhone but in reality it was quite different.

I don’t trust any of the plumbing exhaustpipes out there in Europe as what they might do to the car in day 10k miles no one knows, I can’t experiment

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe because it’s not? Just a thought 😉
I think X2board is coming from the angle that 4.0 has the same detuned engine as the 718 GT4 and Sypder. Other than the slight changes in loudness due to how these cars are built there is absolutely no difference in the exhaust sounds between the three.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts