Porsche 718 Forum banner

GTS 4.0 review by Savagegeese

11K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  StandardJerseyAhole 
#1 ·
I do like these guys and they’ve just released a video about GTS 4.0.
Spoiler alert: bold guy said its a keeper.

#7 ·
Ok. All the visceral stuff is great. At the end of the day you are going to be limited to a quiet flat 6 while wanting more torque at 2000 rpm (while driving within speed limits). No hating and I would buy one-but @100K+ I can’t justify over the “lower” brethren (although if stock returns don’t abate I may have to eat my word😏)

#8 ·
Ugh. Why can't people just appreciate each others cars/decisions instead of continually highlighting the 'disadvantages' of the car they don't have ... and who drives a 7500-8000 RPM car at 2000 RPM (where it may have a 'quickly diminishing' 19% torque advantage but only makes 120 HP) at any time other than sitting at a light? It's like saying I bought a 365HP car but will never rev it high enough to use more than 200 of it. As for cost, when I priced a new CS as close as I could to what I wanted in my GTS, it was over $104K. Sorry if that sounded like a rant ... I came here because it was about supporting each others cars/decisions, not trying to highlight why they were 'wrong' all the time. Much love to all P-car owners.

#12 · (Edited)
The car from the Savagegeese review is the same one that was used as the launch vehicle. Those early press releases inspired me to go with the blue roof over Chalk with Platinum GTS wheels. The Graphite Blue interior was a bit of a risk, though, as I was concerned it might clash with the roof,. Needn't have worried, as they complement each other quite well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.