Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Congratulations, that's tremendous good fortune and a beautiful GTS!

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
2018 Base Cayman 6MT, H&R springs, AgencyPower catback, MRR wheels
177 Posts
Porsche of Colorado Springs, not surprised as they tend to get a lot of great cars. I spy a few singer 911s in the background of your pics. Awesome dealer, were I purchased my Cayman.

·
Registered
23 Posts
congrats and this seems to be almost exact same spec as my recent CGTS 4.0 in Lava Orange that happened to be randomly available from my dealer as well. with black calipers, ext colored headlight washer, full leather interior with black brushed aluminum trims...
weirdly enough, I acquired mine through "luck" within 2 months of putting my name down on the list too, with the premier dealer telling me this was a random extra build Porsche corp (or PCNA) was giving the dealer... for a Houston bound car, it was imported through Jacksonville FL...
Car Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Cayman GT4
44 Posts
Have been waiting for an allocation with no hope in sight. Pop into local dealership yesterday to drop off wife's Macan for oil change. They're backing a newly arrived GTS 4.0 into the showroom. Lava Orange eye candy. Hmmm. Ran to my rep desk and asked it was available. To both of our surprise, YES! Gorgeous car decked out nicely. SOLD! Traded my 2020 Cayman S for a sweet number. Pick up the Orange Beast next week! Woo hoo. Miracles do happen. Hang in there folks waiting for their dream car.
Congrats! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Congratulations! Would be interested to hear more backstory: Was this a customer cancelled order or did the dealer order for inventory? Did the dealer not have a wait list and/or did everyone on it reject the car first? MSRP or ADM? How is it specced?
Hey ThreePedalEd,

It was indeed a dealership inventory order. The crazy thing is, they don't know when these show up. I paid MSRP plus the dealers new 15K 'value incentive' package, which is their additional markup, plus ceramic coating, clear mask, +2 maintenance (which is very handy to have), floor mats, and little stuff. Which is fine considering what's happening these days. I have been on waiting list for a CGT4 and don't really expect to see that anytime soon. But the manager said to keep it in the queue, no deposit, so no biggie. Not sure if they have a GTS 4.0 waitlist. Pretty much max spec, build cost was 107K. Love the 18 way seats and bose surround sound. The standard sound system in my CS is horrible. But I'll be content to listen to the exhaust rumble

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
congrats and this seems to be almost exact same spec as my recent CGTS 4.0 in Lava Orange that happened to be randomly available from my dealer as well. with black calipers, ext colored headlight washer, full leather interior with black brushed aluminum trims...
weirdly enough, I acquired mine through "luck" within 2 months of putting my name down on the list too, with the premier dealer telling me this was a random extra build Porsche corp (or PCNA) was giving the dealer... for a Houston bound car, it was imported through Jacksonville FL...
View attachment 43589
Wow! That sure looks like mine. Congrats on your "luck" as well. Still waiting for mine to complete clear mask, ceramic, etc. Should have it for the Pikes Peak Hillclimb weekend to buzz around town. Fun times!!

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
504 Posts
Hey ThreePedalEd,

It was indeed a dealership inventory order. The crazy thing is, they don't know when these show up. I paid MSRP plus the dealers new 15K 'value incentive' package, which is their additional markup, plus ceramic coating, clear mask, +2 maintenance (which is very handy to have), floor mats, and little stuff. Which is fine considering what's happening these days. I have been on waiting list for a CGT4 and don't really expect to see that anytime soon. But the manager said to keep it in the queue, no deposit, so no biggie. Not sure if they have a GTS 4.0 waitlist. Pretty much max spec, build cost was 107K. Love the 18 way seats and bose surround sound. The standard sound system in my CS is horrible. But I'll be content to listen to the exhaust rumble
Thanks for the backstory, and congratulations again on the car. You must have gotten a few goodies that I didn't. My MSRP was $108,900, but that included LWB seats which were $3k more than the 18 ways. It also sounds like they did the honorable thing in giving you a few valuable items as part of the ADM charge. I paid close to $5k for ceramic and full front PPF.

I just crossed the 3,000 mile mark on mine and hope your miles produce as many smiles as mine have.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 in Chalk
19 Posts
Wow, such incredible luck! Your story sounds almost exactly like mine. I saw a GTS online and contacted them right away to see if it was available. A day later, I had traded in my 2019 CS for it. The original buyer had backed out after driving a 911.

Enjoy the car!

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wow, such incredible luck! Your story sounds almost exactly like mine. I saw a GTS online and contacted them right away to see if it was available. A day later, I had traded in my 2019 CS for it. The original buyer had backed out after driving a 911.

Enjoy the car!
Yes, that's wild! Turned in my 2020 Chalk CS yesterday and picked up the GTS. I'm really loving the new engine experience. And it sounds AWESOME too. Enjoy your ride as well.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts