Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called around to numerous dealers told they aren't taking orders. Almost all of them also said they aren't taking 718 orders in general with only one telling me if I wanted a Boxster I could. Heck, most won't even put my name on list as the waiting list to get on the official waiting list (i.e. make a deposit) is too long. Ughhh

· Premium Member
623 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Might be a regional thing. There have been a number of allocations recently. Based on what we know if you are prepared for the process you can still get one.

· Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
379 Posts
I am on my dealer's list, with 2 ahead of me; no deposit taken. I gave him my code, which was entered into his system - so I'm at V070 status: 'order demand released for order'. Where are you located?

· Registered
2018 718 Boxster S, 2007 Cayman
184 Posts
Why is it so hard to order a new Porsche 718, tried buying one last Jan, and they told me forget it. Salesman said it would take forever to get one. My boss walks in orders new 911 targa and he gets it in 5 months, No wonder they don't sell many 718's. Protecting the 911? I don't know, I am on my 5th Porsche in 6 years, all used, thank god you guys don't drive them much and take care of them real good, they were all just like new.

· Registered
Waiting on Cayman S. March delivery.
673 Posts
Why is it so hard to order a new Porsche 718, tried buying one last Jan, and they told me forget it. Salesman said it would take forever to get one. My boss walks in orders new 911 targa and he gets it in 5 months, No wonder they don't sell many 718's. Protecting the 911? I don't know, I am on my 5th Porsche in 6 years, all used, thank god you guys don't drive them much and take care of them real good, they were all just like new.
Production is still constrained and ‘yes’, 911s get the priority.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my own experience is that I put money down on December 24, at which time I was advised I was #43 on my dealer’s wait list and I shouldn’t expect to take delivery until the end of 2023 or even 2024.

I just got a call from my dealer that I’ve already been slotted with an allocation for a March 2023 production/June delivery. I apparently leapfrogged the 42 people ahead of me on account of my willingness to put down a deposit equal to the price of the options I’ve selected which were the equivalent to approximately USD25K. Also for what it’s worth my dealer is only accepting orders for BGTS and nothing below.

I’m located in Japan so maybe it’s a country thing, but I’m pretty floored that I won’t be waiting as nearly as long as what I anticipated.

· Registered
Aventurine Green 2023 Cayman GTS 4.0 (March 2023 Delivery)
24 Posts
I was #4 for a GTS, but didn't really wanna wait so I emailed about 20 dealerships on the 29th of Dec on the East Coast and a few in the central/midwest, and one dealership the next day said they could get a GTS allocation, now I'm 4 days from the lock/freeze date. It takes some work because even #4 on the list can take a year if your dealership doesn't get as many allocations as the bigger cities.

· Registered
475 Posts
I ordered a 718 Cayman on 29 August 2022.
I will receive the car next Monday.

· Registered
7 Posts
I was #4 for a GTS, but didn't really wanna wait so I emailed about 20 dealerships on the 29th of Dec on the East Coast and a few in the central/midwest, and one dealership the next day said they could get a GTS allocation, now I'm 4 days from the lock/freeze date. It takes some work because even #4 on the list can take a year if your dealership doesn't get as many allocations as the bigger cities.
I was mega tempted to do this but the dreamer in me imagined how sticking to the local dealership might increase my likelihood of getting a GT vehicle in the future (if I can ever afford one, that is) since I will take to them for service etc...

· Registered
May Delivery of 2023 BGTS 4.0 Arctic Gray
76 Posts
I ordered a BGTS in Sept/22 when I traded in my 22 BS. I took a gamble because in IL, you have up to 9 months on a trade in to get a tax break so that you only pay tax on the difference of the two cars on a trade in. I got my allocation around 3rd week of Dec with a delivery date of May 5th. About a 1.5 months before I would loose the tax break. I am going from a 2.5 PDK to a 4.0 Manual. If the BS was a manual, I probably would have kept it. PDK just was not engaging enough for me.

· Registered
2023 Cayman GTS
14 Posts
I submitted a deposit & initial build on 11/19 for a '23 CGTS manual after being able to move up the list pretty quickly. Car went into production yesterday. ETA at the dealer is 2/17.

· Registered
May Delivery of 2023 BGTS 4.0 Arctic Gray
76 Posts
I submitted a deposit & initial build on 11/19 for a '23 CGTS manual after being able to move up the list pretty quickly. Car went into production yesterday. ETA at the dealer is 2/17.
Wow that is fast. I've heard from some SA that there are people on wait lists that are basically ghosts. When their number comes up they are backing out, sign of the times, uncertain economy. Good for those of us that want a car though.

· Registered
46 Posts
Wow that is fast. I've heard from some SA that there are people on wait lists that are basically ghosts. When their number comes up they are backing out, sign of the times, uncertain economy. Good for those of us that want a car though.
Some people also find allocations elsewhere or are in multiple lines. My local dealer offered me an allocation last week (I'd been waiting for 5 mos), but I had already taken delivery.

· Registered
44 Posts
Did you pay ADM?

· Registered
Aventurine Green 2023 Cayman GTS 4.0 (March 2023 Delivery)
24 Posts
Unfortunately yes, it seems most want around 12K-15K ADM in order to get an allocation on the spot if they have one (most places have a big list and just won't do this - also, my SA had to trade his Boxster Allocation to get my GTS allocation the day I inquired) but I got it for 5K, plus I asked for an extra year of pre-paid maintenance and 4 years of dent protection, both they agreed to - so at least now it feels more like a $2500/$3K mark up withe those 2 requests I asked for..

· Premium Member
2019 Macan S, 2003 Cayenne, Previously 1979 911SC
26 Posts
Yes- 2023 CGTS 4.0 M
Aug '22: Allocation requested
Dec '22: Allocation received
Mar '23: Estimated delivery (ED requested but not available due to scheduling - delivery now scheduled for Atlanta Delivery Center.)

· Registered
48 Posts
This is what I have spent today doing.
I put a deposit down with my dealer in June 22 and its been crickets since then - nothing - not even a 'Hang in there' email! :D
I'm loathe to piss them off as they are the only in state dealer (and right on my door step) but I am getting frustrated at the whole Porsche ordering process.
Anyway, I have had instant responses from the 10 or so dealers i've contacted, but no allocations. Put on a few lists but nothing concrete. Looks like a broker is my next best bet.
I did get sent links for used GTS, a Spyder and a GT4 but its the new GTS I'm after...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts