Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That sound is strangely familiar....now that I've got some miles in a 2.5 in Sport mode. Could it be that Porsche actually nailed the engine note they were going after (but they would, wouldn't they); only none of their critics recognized it as a flat-four racing 718 of 57 years ago?

·
Registered
716 Posts
It is amazing how small cars used to be. The 718 today is a small car and looks massive next to the old one!

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
That sound is strangely familiar....now that I've got some miles in a 2.5 in Sport mode. Could it be that Porsche actually nailed the engine note they were going after (but they would, wouldn't they); only none of their critics recognized it as a flat-four racing 718 of 57 years ago?
That old 718 sounds SPECTACULAR. And while the new ones have a similar rhythm and sound (I'll bet Porsche worked hard for that) the 1600 air cooled is truly inspiring.

I want to take my Boxster to the Targa Florio course.

Greg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for posting and to Bell and Porsche for making it. I’ve put 4000 miles on my 2018 base Cayman in 2 months. (Manual, pasm, pdls, white ext, red/black int). Picked it up at ATL PEC and never looked back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts