Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this notification?
2019 Boxster Base. Just less than 6,000 miles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Coincidentally this popped up on my 991 when I started it yesterday but disappeared from the screen as soon as I read it. Yours stayed on? I've been meaning to search the forums for it but haven't had a chance.

Edit: I haven't found a lot on this. My car had been sitting for a couple of weeks but I had put a battery tender on it the day before I drove it. I have the LED PDLS. I wonder if in my case it detected something was off when it did the swivel test it does on start up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you maybe right. I have the same lights. The swivel test on start up is only on the passenger side. The drivers side is not working.
Would a battery disconnect fix this?
Or just bring it in and have the dealership have a look?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you maybe right. I have the same lights. The swivel test on start up is only on the passenger side. The drivers side is not working.
Would a battery disconnect fix this?
Or just bring it in and have the dealership have a look?
A battery disconnect seems reasonable to try. At least you're under warranty, but it would be nice not to have to deal with taking it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this issue few years ago, but mine has the LED PDLS+ headlights. This resulted with the car unusable at night with no working headlights and DRL. The horn and the front trunk electrical release doesn’t work when this warning pop up.

Only the front Left signal indicator works.

The dealership said it was something related to the computer that controls the headlights and the stuff around it, which is located at the front trunk area, so they replaced it under warranty. Fortunately no issue since then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts