Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I just picked up my 2023 718 Cayman T today. I absolutely love love it! However there is a little condensation on the inside of all 4 lights. Front headlights and rear. Why? Will it go away? I plan on contacting the dealer tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It has been sitting at the dealer outside in S CA for a few weeks as I’ve been out of town. It has rained pretty hard here. I wonder if that’s the reason for the condensation. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ron

· Registered
Waiting on Cayman S. March delivery.
673 Posts
The reason its normal is not because they are all defective leaking crap. The lights are NOT sealed units, therefore condensation happens. It also goes away depending on weather conditions/heat/etc. It was designed this way.
Right. Like many modern headlights, they are vented to mitigate heat buildup. Moisture in the air that enters the headlight will condense under the right conditions.

· Registered
640 Posts
Yep I get it more often in the spring and summer (its pretty hit and miss), but as above the dealer tell me its normal and will only investigate if it remains for 24+ hrs.

I think its a pretty poor design to be honest and it must diffuse the light output somewhat as well.

· Registered
880 Posts
The reason its normal is not because they are all defective leaking crap. The lights are NOT sealed units, therefore condensation happens. It also goes away depending on weather conditions/heat/etc. It was designed this way.
Even though you are right, no other cars did it ever. Or motorbikes. All of them had vented plastic headlights and tail lights.

· Registered
Waiting on Cayman S. March delivery.
673 Posts
Even though you are right, no other cars did it ever. Or motorbikes. All of them had vented plastic headlights and tail lights.
What kind of bulbs were inside them? Xenon and even more so LEDs, produce less heat than halogen bulbs. So they have less defogging effect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts