Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

I hope all is well? Please allow me to introduce myself. I am an oldie and reside in Scotland. I took delivery of my first Porsche, a new 2019 718 Cayman, on Monday of this week. I've only done 48 miles as yet but I am mightily impressed. It is Miami blue with all black gloss highlights, 20" Carrera S wheels in gloss black and a navy blue and crayon interior. It has a reasonable sprinkling of toys as well. I was worried that this combination would work as well as I was imagining it but I am over the moon, the look has exceeded my expectations. Maybe not to everyone's taste but I find it stunning.

I look forward to contributing to the forum and learning a lot from the more experienced members. Thank you for listening.

· Registered
596 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guys, thank you for the warm reception, much appreciated.

Clawhammer, I will upload some pictures soon, once the weather clears up, it has been miserable since I picked it up.

Scubaregs, Born in Glasgow but stayed in Falkirk for the last 30 years.

Porsche2018, I am planning to follow the run in instructions, give the engine a chance, you can never be too careful. I've been an Engineer for 40 years so I am more sympathetic to machinery than humans :p

Peter, I have two other red cars, I've always been drawn to red cars, my first 718 spec was red inside and out. I had seen Miami blue and thought, I like that but it's a bit left field, maybe too loud so stuck with red. I decided Miami blue would be my second choice (kidding myself a bit as red it was and I was not planning on buying two so a bit pointless really) A few days later I was at the local gym which has two glass walls one of which overlooks the main road through the town and it struck me how many white, silver, grey and black cars are on the road. My record was counting 17 white or grey straight before seeing another colour and that was black so I decided I would like to brighten the world up a bit with the Miami. Trying to get a matching interior was the next problem. I was working my way through every permutation on the configurator when I hit on the navy and crayon, thought that's it and stopped looking. The Miami is a polorising colour, you either love it or hate it. I stressed myself no end about the Miami choice whilst waiting on the car but now having got it I think the whole combination is stunning. It certainly gets noticed and attracts attention. I agree with you, it a summer colour, and might struggle to glow under our woeful climate but I'll give it a go and put some sunshine in everyone life.

Kmacuk, I purchased from Porsch Perth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.