Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally joined the club after 1.5 year long wait. Started off looking for Cayenne, but soon realized that would satisfy my driving itch. The 100K Cayenne S felt sluggish compared to the X6M I came from. I was fixed on getting off the M train with their ugly new design language, artificial drive feel, and turbos. Yes they were fast, but bit too refined unlike the E46 M3. I ended up placed a few deposits around the west coast in hopes of scoring a 718 GTS 4.0 or Lotus Emira. I finally received an allocation back in April from a local dealership at MSRP. It was a long wait, but well worth it. It drives beautifully. Glad I ended the Cayman instead of Emira, though that would have likely come in close second especially for the price.

Here's my build:
Shark Blue
Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black/Carmine Red
Tachometer Dial in Carmine Red
Two Way Sports Plus Seats
GTS Interior Package
Fire Extinguisher
"PORSCHE" Logo in Satin Black
Smoking Package
Deletion of "GTS 4.0" Decal on Doors
Model Designation Logo on Rear Changed to "718"
Manual Gear Lever with Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium Package
LED Headlights incl. PDLS+
BOSE« Surround Sound System
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Light Design Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Porsche Entry & Drive
Heated MF Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
Lane Change Assist

Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
You came to the right place. Glad to learn you are enjoying your new Shark Blue CGTS and welcome to the forum. The best of luck keeping her revs below 4,000.

Reactions: Oak100

·
Registered
936 Posts
15 months!

I met a (one week) owner that had his Shark Blue Cayman GT4 and his wait was the same stretch of time

Welcome! and share your experiences and impressions

I'm awaiting an allocation for a CGTS (since Jan '22) - so I'm looking forward to hearing about the allocation and this is mine:

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
That's going to be tough. Seems to come alive right about 4K 😁.
Won't lie, that was one brutal time frame. I may or may not have fallen off the wagon more than once.

• Haha
Reactions: PeC and Oak100

·
Registered
2022 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
15 months!

I met a (one week) owner that had his Shark Blue Cayman GT4 and his wait was the same stretch of time

Welcome! and share your experiences and impressions

I'm awaiting an allocation for a CGTS (since Jan '22) - so I'm looking forward to hearing about the allocation and this is mine:

View attachment 47523
Beautiful. I was debating on gettting Carmine Red for a few months. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts