Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post #1!

Although I have been enjoying my MR2 Spyder immensely over the past 7 years, I have always thought that a Boxster would be my next logical step.

Having driven a few in the past, as much as I enjoyed the greater refinement and performance, I was never overly impressed with the power delivery. I had always hoped that Porsche would release a baby Boxster, powered by a turbo 4.

Now that the Boxster has my preferred powerplant, I am now extremely interested in the car, as I am a big fan of the low RPM torque available with these new engines. I am currently planning to drive a base Boxster at the ATL PEC in late June, and I can imagine that I will be working hard toward a goal of a Boxster at some point in the future.

I am sure that I will lurk more than anything as I continue to learn about these cars, however, I find it refreshing to find this forum of actual owners who are discussing the aspects of the car.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No need to lurk, just jump into the conversation!! Start threads and ask questions, we're all here to help ;)

Welcome to the forums !! Share some photos of that MR2 though.. I love em' haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lurker - I am not able to post a images or links yet due to my low post count!

I am actually really happy with this car, and was sort of hoping for Porsche to release a 'Baby Boxster' instead with the 2.0 turbo. I am a big fan of the low weight of this car at less than 2200 pounds, and felt that a 2.0 turbo in a sub 2500 pound mid-engine package would be my ideal car. However, the performance and style of the new Boxster has been stellar, so that has now become my new obsession.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ah I hate when that happens... alright we'll revisit that soon.

I agree with you though, the performance and handling of it is amazing. They really dialed in the dynamics and created a street fighter in a refined, elegant little package haha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a work around for now - I loaded the MR2 as my avatar, in all of its 100x100 pixel glory!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww....I just noticed that I accidentally typo'd 'and' in my title line, instead of 'an', and it seems that I cannot edit this.

***MODS - Please correct this for me - Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay....so I put some information about the car in my garage. Feel free to check it out, and let me know what you think!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from a former MR2 Spyder Owner.... Wish I still owned it. I have been a Toyota Dealer for the last 40 years and had one of those for the Summer. Wanted a sports car (convertible for the summers at the lake), and wished I still had the Spyder. That car seemed to be modeled so closely after the Boxster, but just didn't have the performance, glad I researched the 718 Boxster as it is the perfect fit. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ah that's a beautiful Spyder and I love the color. Always wanted a 2nd Gen MR2 and just never got around to looking at a real good one. Tough to find a turbo LHD where I am.

The 718 is definitely an MR2 with the right oomph and quite the looker as well ;)
@NOTOY what color was yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts