Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm from the UK and currently have a Mazda MX-5 for weekend / track day fun.

I've had it a few years now and will be due to change in a year or two. I naturally thought I would just get another Mazda but now I hear there is a new Porsche on the way, a Porsche that is set to rival the MX-5 and I'm now very interested to find out more!

I always fancied a boxer but cost was too much for a bit of weekend fun. A cut down boxer (with hopefully a cut down price) will be exactly what I want. :D

I look forward to sticking round here and finding out more. :)

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan.

Good choice on waiting for the 718, it should be a nice upgrade from a Miata MX-5. How did you manage to find our hiding spot on the internet? :D

What other cars would you consider aside from the 718?

Any pictures of your MX-5?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really like Mazda and have always though about a Miata. The advent of the 718 has made me consider that instead though. It's still a few years away which gives me time to save. There is just a bit more rep with the Porsche brand than with Mazda, even though Mazda is great.

Are you sad to be leaving behind Mazda at all?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm from the UK and currently have a Mazda MX-5 for weekend / track day fun.

I've had it a few years now and will be due to change in a year or two. I naturally thought I would just get another Mazda but now I hear there is a new Porsche on the way, a Porsche that is set to rival the MX-5 and I'm now very interested to find out more!

I always fancied a boxer but cost was too much for a bit of weekend fun. A cut down boxer (with hopefully a cut down price) will be exactly what I want. :D

I look forward to sticking round here and finding out more. :)

Cheers
Dan
Welcome to the show Dan! The one thing to be leary of is that as the Porsche ages it is nowhere near as wallet friendly as the MX-5 is. They are expensive buggers outside of warranty work. Granted the experience is world class compared to Mazda.... :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
That is so true, MX-5 is the best it gets when it comes to value for money, but it's too bad honda stopped production of it's s2000, that would have also been another great car to consider.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is so true, MX-5 is the best it gets when it comes to value for money, but it's too bad honda stopped production of it's s2000, that would have also been another great car to consider.
you can still buy them used if you really want one. I don't see why it not being new should stop you from having what you want...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum Dan.

Good choice on waiting for the 718, it should be a nice upgrade from a Miata MX-5. How did you manage to find our hiding spot on the internet? :D

What other cars would you consider aside from the 718?

Any pictures of your MX-5?
I'm not sure what else I would consider really. Like I say - I love the Mazda but have always wanted a Porsche. >:D

When I was looking for my MX-5 the S2000 was on my list and always came out top in UK reviews, Honda have not produced anything exciting for years now (Except the type-r, although I've never been a fan.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can still buy them used if you really want one. I don't see why it not being new should stop you from having what you want...
I agree, but you run the risk of large repair bills. A used S2000 is likely to have been abused a bit in its life time. I don't mind buying used for cars like a Focus but performance cars make me nervous. You never know how they've been driven in the past.

Oh and you don't get the new car smell either ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
it not being new is not at all stopping me, i never said that.
it's just that i wish they were still being sold as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts