Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All from Austin, TX area.

Hope to own a Cayman S soon.
Looking ahead of time at reviews, add-ons - advice etc.

Not new to porsches.
Have had in my past garages:

2014 Carrera 4 (leased turned in)
2009 Cayman
2009 Cayenne S
2002 Boxster S
1999 Boxster

:)

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts

Not new to porsches.

2009 Cayman
2009 Cayenne S
2002 Boxster S
1999 Boxster

Sounds great, Welcome! As you probably already know the 718 is an amazing car. Are you looking at a 2017 or 2018 model?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2017 or 2018

Not sure of 2017 vs. 2018.

What all is different in the 2018?

I know if I find a few 2017 can get a nice discount off the top.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Not sure of 2017 vs. 2018.

What all is different in the 2018?

I know if I find a few 2017 can get a nice discount off the top.
With the 2017's I am sure you could work a great deal and the only change in 2018's is Porsche offers the first service (1 year/10,000 miles) free* of charge.

*which simply means the cost is concealed in the higher base price of the 2018's

·
Registered
157 Posts

Not new to porsches.

2009 Cayman
2009 Cayenne S
2002 Boxster S
1999 Boxster

Congrats in advance and welcome ti this lovely forum!
Do you find the 718S to be an upgrade compared to your previous Porsches?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Autobahn - do you mind sharing who you used? Thanks!! Want to buy in next week or so.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Autobahn - do you mind sharing who you used? Thanks!! Want to buy in next week or so.
I bought a car from Porsche Monterey. It was on their lot - they had the spec I wanted and were willing to deal. No ideas as to how they'd be for an ordering situation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Austin TX here too. Got my car from Downtown LA and did PEC deliver in Atlanta.
The dealer told me that they couldn't do PEC in Atlanta unless I was willing to pay for transport to LA and then pick it up or transport it from there. I'm guessing he just said that because I haven't actually put anything down or signed anything, and he didn't want to be left with picking up the car from Atlanta if I were to back out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in Austin area as well and thinking to order a Cayman sometime next year.
I gather from the folks here that Porsche of Austin is unwilling to provide any/no discount when ordering a 718?

For folks that can pick up the car, I am sure it is worth it.

How about for folks that have to have the car transported from out of state?
Obviously, it depends on the model, spec and the discount, just wondering if the saving still makes it worthwhile.

Also, if one is going to trade in a car, after the tax saving, the diff will be even less.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I am in Austin area as well and thinking to order a Cayman sometime next year.
I gather from the folks here that Porsche of Austin is unwilling to provide any/no discount when ordering a 718?

For folks that can pick up the car, I am sure it is worth it.

How about for folks that have to have the car transported from out of state?
Obviously, it depends on the model, spec and the discount, just wondering if the saving still makes it worthwhile.

Also, if one is going to trade in a car, after the tax saving, the diff will be even less.
The Austin dealership was going to give me a 4% discount on a buildable allocation which is exactly what Park Place Porsche in Dallas gave me. My second go around for the 2018 991.2 GT3 I got good deal from Austin Porsche dealership. I would absolutely not recommend* PPP.
I would try to work with Austin if that is the closest dealership to you.

*To be clear, I am speaking as a consumer/Porsche owner and not as a "moderator".

·
Registered
186 Posts
TX dealerships wouldn't give me what I wanted, so I decided to do LA PEC and take a road trip!
I got the same impression at the local Austin Porsche dealer about a month ago. They looked overstaffed and not very accommodating.

I was hoping to buy local but may do the same as you did.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got it today...scary driving back on I35 at rush hour...LOL

I was actually pleased with Porsche Austin pricing..they were beating out Dallas and Houston dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Got it today...scary driving back on I35 at rush hour...LOL

I was actually pleased with Porsche Austin pricing..they were beating out Dallas and Houston dealerships.
Point 1: Congrats!

Point 2: Sounds to me like P of Austin knows its losing 718 (and possibly other) business to other dealerships, so it's brought itself in line. Back when my first-time-Porsche-buyer self was shopping a little less than a year ago, I asked. It wouldn't budge from MSRP for a custom order. Almost everyone else would.

Reactions: Porsche2018
1 - 20 of 23 Posts