Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks/months now and it has already provided me with a lot of useful tips and has helped me narrow down the options I wanted on my 718 base cayman. I ordered the car about a month ago and expect delivery in May. It's an MT in Rhodium silver, has Carrera S 20", sport chrono and a bunch of other options (got a little carried away in the configurator! But unfortunately, no unlimited budget so had to make some tough choices). It's my first Porsche and could not be more excited! Waiting is already excruciating... Will post pics when I get the car! Anyway, just to say hi!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks/months now and it has already provided me with a lot of useful tips and has helped me narrow down the options I wanted on my 718 base cayman. I ordered the car about a month ago and expect delivery in May. It's an MT in Rhodium silver, has Carrera S 20", sport chrono and a bunch of other options (got a little carried away in the configurator! But unfortunately, no unlimited budget so had to make some tough choices). It's my first Porsche and could not be more excited! Waiting is already excruciating... Will post pics when I get the car! Anyway, just to say hi!
Congratulations and Welcome to the 718 Elite ;) club. The wait is tough but well worth it!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Mr Waiting. Question: how's that name gonna look when you finally receive the car ;:nerd:? Unfortunately, I'm in the same waiting lobby as you... I'm not happy about being in the lobby with you. No offense, but I'd rather we fast forward to my late April delivery for my car, then yours would be right around the corner... But unless we invent a time machine, we're stuck in this room together :crying:. Anyway, all I've been doing is reading and watching videos on the 718 to pass the time. A BIG thumbs up to you opting for a manual transmission :cool:

Good crew of people here...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Forum, Mr Waiting. Question: how's that name gonna look when you finally receive the car ;
? Unfortunately, I'm in the same waiting lobby as you... I'm not happy about being in the lobby with you. No offense, but I'd rather we fast forward to my late April delivery for my car, then yours would be right around the corner... But unless we invent a time machine, we're stuck in this room together
. Anyway, all I've been doing is reading and watching videos on the 718 to pass the time. A BIG thumbs up to you opting for a manual transmission

Good crew of people here...
haha, yes, I couldn't come up with another name (not that inventive unfortunately) but it suits me well as I tend to be an impatient person allround. Yes, I know, other Porsche drivers said I was crazy for going for a MT, and whilst the pdk is amazing, I just don't see myself switching to pdk just yet. The car will be my DD in summer/spring and I just don't see myself using the paddles at the wheel for a commute to Brussels every day (I'd get lazy and just leave it in full automatic) and that, for me, is what I would like about the pdk: the option to still drive manually... I'm in the same boat as you: don't think there are reviews I haven't read or seen...! Patience is a virtue... Oh, and It's Ms TheWaitingGame :)...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Oh, and It's Ms TheWaitingGame :)...
Do you have a sister in Los Angeles? Any woman who drives a manual transmission Porsche is already aces in my book. >:D

Reactions: johan

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

Although not a new member of the forum, as of yesterday a new official member of the Porsche Cayman 718 ownership club. Could not be happier! During my 4 months of waiting I was agonizing about whether I went for the right spec, thinking I should have dropped certain things, added certain things. But, when the covers came off at the dealer's, and I saw her for the first time.. oh man.. Anyway, I immediately drove to the town I grew up in and took a picture at the race track (Circuit Zolder), attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Very nice, congratulations. My wait should end in mid-May.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats! Many of us here can really understand the agony of waiting! (I got my 2018 Cayman in December)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.