Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 718 Forum Members,
As a fellow 718 owner I enjoy visiting your eponymous forum and thought it was time that I introduced myself. My name’s Darren and I took delivery of a Boxster GTS 4.0 at the very end of last year and, apart from its long gearing and disappointing sound on startup, I’m extremely happy with it. Previously I owned a 981 Boxster 2.7 liter. Attached are some pics of it.
-Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
256 Posts
Nice car! I'm surprised you are disappointed in the sound at startup. Did you get manual or PDK? I've heard that the PDK was better suited gear wise.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
694 Posts
Welcome to our madness. I just passed my 1000k make for break-in and am noticing a more robust sound both in the garage at startup and out on the road when the temps reach nirvana.
Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice car! I'm surprised you are disappointed in the sound at startup. Did you get manual or PDK? I've heard that the PDK was better suited gear wise.
Hi, Boxster Annie.
Thanks for your reply. I have a manual GTS 4.0. My previous Boxster (‘13 base car) was a six-speed too. I remember it sounding so much more soulful on startup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to our madness. I just passed my 1000k make for break-in and am noticing a more robust sound both in the garage at startup and out on the road when the temps reach nirvana.
Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.....
Hi, Raven.
Thanks for your reply. I’ll be interested to hear if my car sounds more soulful on startup once it’s done 1,000 miles. Recently I started it up in a space much, much bigger than the one I normally fire it up in and it sounded so much the better for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome from East-Central Illinois. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lovely looking car.
My 718 is just the 2.0 but being a 2017 car close to 25k miles sounds quite good on start up. Although I must say nowhere near as good as my 3.4 987 did.

Enjoy your car looks fabulous in red.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
222 Posts
Nice colour selection. The 4.0 does not sound as good as my previous CS with the 3.4 and from all accounts the 2.7 sounded even better. I suspect the the GPF and/or the Sound Symposer are to blame. There are mods that can help, if desired.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lovely looking car.
My 718 is just the 2.0 but being a 2017 car close to 25k miles sounds quite good on start up. Although I must say nowhere near as good as my 3.4 987 did.

Enjoy your car looks fabulous in red.
Thanks, Robsx. I live in the US but I'm from Wales which explains my color choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice colour selection. The 4.0 does not sound as good as my previous CS with the 3.4 and from all accounts the 2.7 sounded even better. I suspect the the GPF and/or the Sound Symposer are to blame. There are mods that can help, if desired.
Thanks, OttawaSteve.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Grayslake IL. Great color choice! My 2.0 Boxster looks similar to yours but seems to be missing some of the letters (ie. GTS). On second look, I noticed that yours is also missing the letters. Like you, I also owned a 981 2.7L Boxster. That must have been quite a shock to your right foot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello fellow 718 Forum Members,
As a fellow 718 owner I enjoy visiting your eponymous forum and thought it was time that I introduced myself. My name’s Darren and I took delivery of a Boxster GTS 4.0 at the very end of last year and, apart from its long gearing and disappointing sound on startup, I’m extremely happy with it. Previously I owned a 981 Boxster 2.7 liter. Attached are some pics of it.
-Darren
Just straight pipe it:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts