Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked-up a Base Cayman on June 23rd - very lightly optioned (Premium w/14 ways, Bose, model delete). I have been enjoying the heck out of it, and am amazed at the improvements all around over my prior, and much loved, 2007 Base Cayman. In fact, I think I actually now prefer the exhaust, especially in Sport - lots of character and brashness. Take that P9!

Love the torque too - significantly adds to the drivability and capabilities.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome Marin, from south of the Golden Gate (mid-Peninsula). I checked out Sonnen dealer inventory many times, is that where you found your car?

I too went the 987>718 route (Boxster S, manual) with very similar impressions. Hope to meet you at a talked-about Bay Area 718 rally drive....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I did acquire it from Sonnen - my third from Sonnen and the fourth vehicle I have purchased from Mike. Looking forward to seeing a few more 718's around the Bay. Mine is going to get daily commute duties to Oakland and San Leandro - clear bra getting installed as I type.

Cheers!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, I did acquire it from Sonnen - my third from Sonnen and the fourth vehicle I have purchased from Mike. Looking forward to seeing a few more 718's around the Bay. Mine is going to get daily commute duties to Oakland and San Leandro - clear bra getting installed as I type.

Cheers!
Congrats on a fabulous car. I'm in SF and as John mentioned hopefully we 718 owners can get a fun run/rally in sometime.

I just got my clear bra done about 3 weeks ago. Which shop did you bring yours too? Did you get the whole car wrapped?

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Geemman,

I am getting the whole "front clip" wrapped in the thickest 3M Scotchguard self-healing. I already had the wrap save the hood from a rock coming off a gravel truck on the 880, and decided to have the fenders wrapped too. Work being done by JG Vinyl in San Rafael.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Geemman,

I am getting the whole "front clip" wrapped in the thickest 3M Scotchguard self-healing. I already had the wrap save the hood from a rock coming off a gravel truck on the 880, and decided to have the fenders wrapped too. Work being done by JG Vinyl in San Rafael.
Nice. I had my whole front, mirrors rocker panels and a small strip right behind the rear tires done. Didn't find the need to do the doors and back. Glad it saved your paint from that rock chip.

What part of Marin are you in? I'm always taking a drive with my wife through the north bay. We just went on a fun run with another local Porsche club to Bodega Bay a couple of weeks ago. Great coastal scenic route through Bodega Bay to Goat Rock.

Post some pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in Larkspur. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.