Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Followed the link from Planet9 to find my way here.

Encouraged by my always supportive wife of 30 years, we purchased our 2017 Cayman S on 12/2. I was all set
to purchase a base model, but she said to me on numerous occasions, "get the car you want". I would have
been happy with the base, but the S is what I really wanted. I still can believe we own a Porsche.

2017 Cayman S
6 speed manual
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Navigation-Sport Exhaust-Connect Plus-14 way seats-Bose-20" Carrera S wheels-Smoking Pkg.-Luggage Net-
Colored center caps

Regards -

Reactions: 718Admin

·
Registered
311 Posts
Beautiful car!!! You have good taste in wheels--Carrrera S wheels. I am getting the same wheels on my Boxster--they look fantastic. After you drive it for a while let us know your impressions. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys/gals!

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks of ownership and we only have 408 miles. Death of a close family member, holidays, son's wedding, and winter have all contributed to not a lot of time behind the wheel.

Our buying experience was quite interesting. Initially, I wasn't going to spend more than $70k, and the car had to have manual transmission. Well, manual seemed to be almost impossible to find (recent release of the Cayman is probably why). After meeting with a salesman (Graeme) at Porsche of Annapolis, I selected a base model that my salesman found was already in the pipeline for production. It was scheduled to be delivered sometime in January/February 2017.

My wife's genuine encouragement got me thinking about considering an S version despite the deposit I placed on the car in production. So, I began considering the cost difference of moving up to the S. Next thing I knew, I was searching Cargurus for S models under $85k.

Well, I found a car that had pretty much everything I wanted about 350 miles away and contacted my salesman. Graeme was able to get the car from the other dealer and shipped to Maryland in roughly 6 days.

Carrera S wheels were my first choice, although, I really like the 20" 5 spoke wheels (the name escapes me).

If it were possible to add some options (affordably), I would add the Entry & Drive, PASM (i would like it a little lower) and probably the blind side monitoring.

I'm coming from a Subaru BRZ 2014. I loved that car, but have always wanted a Porsche.

Reactions: 718Admin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the forum, great to have you guys onboard. We love our Carrera S wheels, they look great spinning and are very easy to clean. Blind side monitoring is sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.