Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Followed the link from Planet9 to find my way here.

Encouraged by my always supportive wife of 30 years, we purchased our 2017 Cayman S on 12/2. I was all set
to purchase a base model, but she said to me on numerous occasions, "get the car you want". I would have
been happy with the base, but the S is what I really wanted. I still can believe we own a Porsche.

2017 Cayman S
6 speed manual
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Navigation-Sport Exhaust-Connect Plus-14 way seats-Bose-20" Carrera S wheels-Smoking Pkg.-Luggage Net-
Colored center caps

Regards -

Reactions: 718Admin

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Beautiful car!!! You have good taste in wheels--Carrrera S wheels. I am getting the same wheels on my Boxster--they look fantastic. After you drive it for a while let us know your impressions. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats! That looks extremely gorgeous. Would really like to hear your impressions as well, and if you plan on changing anything to suit you a little better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys/gals!

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks of ownership and we only have 408 miles. Death of a close family member, holidays, son's wedding, and winter have all contributed to not a lot of time behind the wheel.

Our buying experience was quite interesting. Initially, I wasn't going to spend more than $70k, and the car had to have manual transmission. Well, manual seemed to be almost impossible to find (recent release of the Cayman is probably why). After meeting with a salesman (Graeme) at Porsche of Annapolis, I selected a base model that my salesman found was already in the pipeline for production. It was scheduled to be delivered sometime in January/February 2017.

My wife's genuine encouragement got me thinking about considering an S version despite the deposit I placed on the car in production. So, I began considering the cost difference of moving up to the S. Next thing I knew, I was searching Cargurus for S models under $85k.

Well, I found a car that had pretty much everything I wanted about 350 miles away and contacted my salesman. Graeme was able to get the car from the other dealer and shipped to Maryland in roughly 6 days.

Carrera S wheels were my first choice, although, I really like the 20" 5 spoke wheels (the name escapes me).

If it were possible to add some options (affordably), I would add the Entry & Drive, PASM (i would like it a little lower) and probably the blind side monitoring.

I'm coming from a Subaru BRZ 2014. I loved that car, but have always wanted a Porsche.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the forum, great to have you guys onboard. We love our Carrera S wheels, they look great spinning and are very easy to clean. Blind side monitoring is sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts