Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Like many here, just joined the forum to learn a little bit more about the 718 and connect with people that share a common interest. Have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks and decided to officially join now that I took delivery!

After owning Audi’s and BMW’s over the years I picked up my first Porsche today - it’s a 718 Cayman GTS which I ordered on early October. I believe this is part of the first batch to arrive stateside!

Here are a couple of pictures below, it’s in GT silver w/ PDK, premium package with the 18-way seats, power steering plus and the Sport PASM suspension. Apologies for the quality, but it was already getting late.

Tomorrow off to tinting the windows and then PPF scheduled for next week. Hope I can continue to learn from you guys, I’m not a forum guy but thought you’d like to see the pictures of this first batch coming in.

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congrats on the car - and the really speedy delivery time! Have fun driving the car!

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Like many here, just joined the forum to learn a little bit more about the 718 and connect with people that share a common interest. Have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks and decided to officially join now that I took delivery!

After owning Audi’s and BMW’s over the years I picked up my first Porsche today - it’s a 718 Cayman GTS which I ordered on early October. I believe this is part of the first batch to arrive stateside!

Here are a couple of pictures below, it’s in GT silver w/ PDK, premium package with the 18-way seats, power steering plus and the Sport PASM suspension. Apologies for the quality, but it was already getting late.

Tomorrow off to tinting the windows and then PPF scheduled for next week. Hope I can continue to learn from you guys, I’m not a forum guy but thought you’d like to see the pictures of this first batch coming in.

Cheers,
Gorgeous! I see you took delivery at PPP in Dallas (That's where I purchased mine: one of the first 2018 718s). Are you local to the area?

Methinks a 718 GTG might be viable in the next few months ... :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, been in DFW for the past 10 years :)

The guys at PPP were great, as a treat they even swapped out the yellow blinkers on the sides for transparent / darkened ones at no cost... made it look even nicer!

Cheers,

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope you can provide some more pictures in the next days.

Great car! Great spec!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to pick up my GTS in a few weeks.

I was agonising for ages over the colour. I wanted GT Silver or Agate Grey. Love them both.

In the end I went for Agate but your pics have me looking at GT Silver again!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think I'll stick with Agate otherwise I'll drive myself mad but the GT Silver does look amazing.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I do seem to read a lot about first time Porsche buyers picking up 718s. For whatever reason, the 718s seem to be appealing to a new audience. Happy to see that and I hope all the new owners are satisfied.

My 718 Cayman GTS is scheduled for May delivery in Germany. I am excitedly waiting and happy to hear owner's reviews until then so I can live vicariously. It'll be the third Porsche in the garage, next to it's cousins, a 987 BoxsterS and a Macan GTS.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great looking car! Congrats. After break-in maybe a visit to Motor Sports Ranch or a trip to Mineral Wells for autocross with the Mavericks (?) Porsche Club.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking car! Congrats. After break-in maybe a visit to Motor Sports Ranch or a trip to Mineral Wells for autocross with the Mavericks (?) Porsche Club.
That would be great! Since I recently moved back to Texas I need to meet new motor-crazy friends :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope you can provide some more pictures in the next days.

Great car! Great spec!
Will do, going on a business trip but will be back in 10 days... tough to go away when we have a new toy in the garage! Btw jjust got the tints installed and while I’m away it will be getting the clearbra, will send pics as soon as I get back and pick it up!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting the 718.
Was always interested in getting PPF but never knew how much these often cost. if you don't mind mentioning how much did you pay out the door?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Was always interested in getting PPF but never knew how much these often cost. if you don't mind mentioning how much did you pay out the door?
I dont know about PPF but i had a quote for Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Black, details on link... https://gtechniq.com/products/crystal-serum

The quote was for just over £700 for the whole exterior bodywork.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tks!

I checked with a number of places in the DFW area. I was quoted on all of them ~$1700-1850 for the full front (bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors and headlights), but ended up paying $2300 as I decided to include the side rockers, rear fenders and the area in the bumper immediately behind the rear wheels (so basically everything except for doors, roof and rear).

The place I went with doesn’t use kits and the owner is the actual installer, he was very knowledgeable and helped me throughout the decision process. When I came in he was working on a GT3 (that had been sent all the way from Mississippi) and a Jaguar sonhe must be doing something right :)

As soon as I see the result I can make a recommendation or not and will definitely post pictures!

Ps: interesting enough, just by driving a week on it, when I dropped it off the front bumper already had a small rock chip... he will fix that before applying the PPF, but shows it was the right decision to protect it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
OUF!! the GT Silver looks absolutely fantastic!!

I am getting my 718 Cayman GTS in few weeks. I changed color few times and GT Silver was one of the finalists. My spouse loved Carrera white and told me it would look even prettier if I "carbon fiber" wrap the roof, the side mirrors and "maybe" the rear spoiler and the front black splitter (including the bottom black lips). So we chose Carrera white. We will see for the wrapping as I am not sure about that...

Did any of you wrapped his car ? Pictures would be very appreciated.

Congratulation!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts