Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before i spec it up what are the most popular /. useful options ? think I'm going for agate grey black 5 spokes wheels leather elec seats parking sensors dual climate controls , so far . and the mirror dimming etc .

·
Registered
74 Posts
before i spec it up what are the most popular /. useful options ? think I'm going for agate grey black 5 spokes wheels leather elec seats parking sensors dual climate controls , so far . and the mirror dimming etc .
that's a bit of a difficult question because Porsche does have a ton of options to choose from and what you find important, someone else may not. But, from what I've seen (and hoping the more experienced members of this forum will chip in) - and apart from what you listed - I'd say a lot of people go for PASM (I didn't), sport chrono (I did), sport tailpipes or the optional sound exhaust system is popular, Bose sound system seems a touchy subject (some desperately need that. I didn't), lane change assist is also quite popular and a useful option to have, seat ventilation also seems popular, apart from that perhaps also seat heating? To a lesser extent GT sport steering wheel (a lot of people do seem to go for the multifunction steering wheel though). Also good tip: smoking package (because is is cheap andjust covers up the hole you otherwise have as storage compartment - it shows you on the configurator). And the free passenger footwell storage net because... well it's free and who doesnt need storage space? Anyway, that's just a list of the most common things I've seen but people don't tend to get the whole list! I certainly didn't... it all boils down to what do you need/want and what are you willing to spend...

·
Super Moderator
2,322 Posts
I got the GT multi-function wheel 'cause after trying the others I preferred it. The heated seats and wheel are very nice too--even in the hot south (Australia)--(We do get mornings below 50°F in the depths of winter.:))

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love the LED headlights. They are amazing and, IMO, well worth the money. I got the 14 way power seats and love them. I tried the 18 way seats and didn't find them as comfortable. The ventilated seats option is also terrific. At first I was upset that I left off LCA, but the Cayman's mirrors do a really good job of covering the blind spots, so I don't miss it at all. If I had a Boxster I would definitely want LCA. Since my car is a DD and not a track toy, I eschewed all the go-fast and suspension extras, as well as the larger, lower profile tires. It still carves canyons superbly, yet is quite livable in traffic and on less-than-perfect roads. And the 6MT is amazingly precise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.