Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm going with 5-Star. I believe it will do the 718 a lot of justice by making it look like some higher end Porsche wheel setup and giving the 718 more of a modern edge. Mesh on the other hand might do the opposite.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I like the less complicated design from a car detailing perspective (second wheel pictured). Both would look beautiful but getting a detail wheel brush in the first pictured wheel rim would be a pain.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I like the one you're calling the mesh. If I could have any wheel, I'd be going with a classic BBS RC tbh. But at $1400/wheel...maybe not.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mesh: a kind of retro design that I associate with BMW originally, later seen widely on other marques as both OEM and after-market wheels. Well-executed in this particular iteration. Classic....but not unique.

Star: a very open design which shows off those big red front calipers on the S to the max. And any 5-spoke star variation is evocative of classic Porsche wheels (also Ferrari). The engineer in me though is unsure about the canted look, where the wishbones are not aligned on the center radius (seems inherently weaker though I'm sure that is taken into account in the design).

I've spent some time perusing after-market wheel candidates for my Boxster S and keep coming back to the view that the best looking rims for these cars currently come from Porsche, incl. the Carrera S and Turbo designs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mesh: a kind of retro design that I associate with BMW originally, later seen widely on other marques as both OEM and after-market wheels. Well-executed in this particular iteration. Classic....but not unique. Star: a very open design which shows off those big red front calipers on the S to the max. And any 5-spoke star variation is evocative of classic Porsche wheels (also Ferrari).
5 directional star for same reasons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts