Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how this 718 is going to work out, I mean the Caymen/Boxer duo are already relatively affordable, so I'm not sure exactly how much room porsche is going to have to operate in.

Following closely...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think its just about cost. I think its about making a Porsche for what they should be for - having fun, blasting round twisty roads or weekend track days.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looking at price of some used porsche vs the price of this brand new is something i can see some people factor in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Affordable is a relative term. I think that the 718 will be accessible to people who previously weren't willing to buy a Porsche because of the price barrier.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Affordable is a relative term. I think that the 718 will be accessible to people who previously weren't willing to buy a Porsche because of the price barrier.
That it will, it will make it easier for those that already want to spend $30k to start on a car to go for a 718.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The vehicle may even appeal to people with pretty high income who want a toy instead of a full on sports car. Family already owns a BMW 4-series, but wants a little convertible to play with on the weekends. The 718 is a cheap but nice option instead of going with something that is just as expensive as their first car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's for sure, something cheap for them to throw around the track and not have to worry much about, i can see that happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts