Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome. How did you find us, and what are you driving now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I?ve got a Cayman R - but was thinking of the 718 for my other half to use as a daily driver.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
currently a 987S so familiar with the Cayman - was just thinking of something newer. Still considering which options i need to spec :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I?ve got a Cayman R - but was thinking of the 718 for my other half to use as a daily driver.
This piqued my curiosity....turns out the base 718 and Cayman R are equally quick in the real-world: Porsche Cayman R vs Porsche 718 Cayman - FastestLaps.com

I'm usually analyzing 718 S times, but this is one of the most equal, consistent and anomaly-free comparisons I've dialed-up so far. Both cars PDK, the R has a couple hundred lbs. weight advantage, factory-rated 330hp vs. 300hp for the 718. Based on their nearly identical times to all distances/speeds, looks like the base 718 has at least 330 'Porsche horsepower' (of the older, less-powerful n/a variety). That's right about where independent tuner baseline dyno runs pegged the 2.0.

Sure you don't want the turbo car for yourself, monkey? In any case, a great (and evenly matched) pairing for your Porsche stable.....

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This piqued my curiosity....turns out the base 718 and Cayman R are equally quick in the real-world: Porsche Cayman R vs Porsche 718 Cayman - FastestLaps.com

I'm usually analyzing 718 S times, but this is one of the most equal, consistent and anomaly-free comparisons I've dialed-up so far. Both cars PDK, the R has a couple hundred lbs. weight advantage, factory-rated 330hp vs. 300hp for the 718. Based on their nearly identical times to all distances/speeds, looks like the base 718 has at least 330 'Porsche horsepower' (of the older, less-powerful n/a variety). That's right about where independent tuner baseline dyno runs pegged the 2.0.

Sure you don't want the turbo car for yourself, monkey? In any case, a great (and evenly matched) pairing for your Porsche stable.....

Welcome to the forum!
I believe it, the 718S is a quick car no doubt about that. Personally my R is a weekend car and driving holidays in the mountains, I love the back to basics way it feels compared to the newer models.

If I was looking for another daily driver and one car only, then i'd have a 718 myself, for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts