Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hill hold feature on my recently departed Audi A5 would stay on for 3 seconds after I took my foot off the brake pedal, at which point it would release. On my 718C, it doesn't time out; it will only disengage when you lift the clutch pedal and/or press on the accelerator.

So, here's my question. When the hill hold feature is engaged, do your brake lights stay on after you remove your foot from the brake pedal? I ask because many years ago, in the days when you would use the manual parking brake for hill hold, I got rear-ended because when I took my foot off the brake pedal the guy behind me, who wasn't paying enough attention, simply stepped on the gas when my brake lights turned off.

Reactions: TEST DRyVer

·
Registered
716 Posts
The hill hold feature on my recently departed Audi A5 would stay on for 3 seconds after I took my foot off the brake pedal, at which point it would release. On my 718C, it doesn't time out; it will only disengage when you lift the clutch pedal and/or press on the accelerator.

So, here's my question. When the hill hold feature is engaged, do your brake lights stay on after you remove your foot from the brake pedal? I ask because many years ago, in the days when you would use the manual parking brake for hill hold, I got rear-ended because when I took my foot off the brake pedal the guy behind me, who wasn't paying enough attention, simply stepped on the gas when my brake lights turned off.

The brake lights stay on.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Out of curiosity, how do you know? I didn't see anything in the manual.

·
Registered
388 Posts
WOW! Good question... I never considered if the brake light is on or not in my Golf. But I usually never sit at a stop light in gear. I only select the gear when I'm getting ready to move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts