Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my GT4 for almost two weeks now. Can't believe they're able to make what I thought was driving perfection in my 718S even better? This car checks all the boxes.

Took delivery from Long Island 02/25/2020. Drove it home on the 26th some 900+ miles (took a few detours 馃槈).

A lot of this can be found on Instagram as well...

Delivery day Picture

Stayed at the Viana Hotel and Spa. They were nice enough to suggest I just leave the car in the unloading zone where it would be under cover and on security camera. I happily obliged to this!

Arrived home late on the 26th. Putting it to bed with her stable mate.

March 3rd I pulled the trigger with @Soul Performance Products and ordered the SOUL Competition Over Axle Pipes. Which promptly arrived on the 6th (great service from SOUL I tell ya!).

On the 4th I decided it was time to wash the car for the first time and give it a through inspection. Over all very good with only a couple areas where it looks like something caused surface abrasion. Nothing serious, just needs a light polish and then full PPF applied. I'm going full so I don't have to battle the curse of black cars.

On the 5th my Suncoast order arrived. Installed clear front markers and AWE wind defusers.

Registered
Your beast is looking beastly :) Post up a video of the exhaust sound when you're done.

Like you, I've been looking to scratch the flat six itch. It's probably not a good time to that as inventory is low and demand is high, pushing the prices higher. However my Boxster stays. It's just too fun to drive and somewhat of a rare beast it seems thru my searches. I am looking at 997s, 991s and GT4s of both generations. Oh and all of the iterations of those 911s save a base Carrera. An S at a minimum. Looking for something a little different in terms of color and interior specs. Full leather is a must as well as SC in a manual. I may need to deal with a car buyer/finder service. They have better access to sources of availability.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Your beast is looking beastly :) Post up a video of the exhaust sound when you're done.

Like you, I've been looking to scratch the flat six itch. It's probably not a good time to that as inventory is low and demand is high, pushing the prices higher. However my Boxster stays. It's just too fun to drive and somewhat of a rare beast it seems thru my searches. I am looking at 997s, 991s and GT4s of both generations. Oh and all of the iterations of those 911s save a base Carrera. An S at a minimum. Looking for something a little different in terms of color and interior specs. Full leather is a must as well as SC in a manual. I may need to deal with a car buyer/finder service. They have better access to sources of availability.
I typically find my cars via Autotrader.com

The good thing is your car is worth more right now, the bad thing is GT4's are very slim pickin's and unless you get lucky like I did you may be paying a premium for one. I'm seeing PDK's available, but really only about eight 6-speed GT4's that may be available unless you want to order one if you can find a dealer with an allocation. Depends on what options you want and what you max $$$ is going to be. There's a couple CPO GT4's listed right now too.

Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
Congrats on the new car! My GOD man, sounds so badass with just the pipes added. This is the sound I will also have, (in about 10 more wks)! Small world, I'm originally from your neck of the woods. Until 2015, I spend the previous 30 yrs out west on Covington Rd near Hamilton. I'm sure you know where that is! Going to check out your IG.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the new car! My GOD man, sounds so badass with just the pipes added. This is the sound I will also have, (in about 10 more wks)! Small world, I'm originally from your neck of the woods. Until 2015, I spend the previous 30 yrs out west on Covington Rd near Hamilton. I'm sure you know where that is! Going to check out your IG.
LOL... that's about the only good road around! I've lived in the Fort since 1990. I'm originally from Toledo, it's WAY better here (sorry for anyone still living in Toledo that sees this, but it's true)! Still haven't found a way out of the snow belt though.

My IG is account is starting over. Deleted the last one because of their new TOS... but, I've officially surrendered to our overlords and accept everyone and everything's watching me now. I'll get this one built back up again and with spring kicking off I'll have plenty to share.

Registered
I typically find my cars via Autotrader.com

The good thing is your car is worth more right now, the bad thing is GT4's are very slim pickin's and unless you get lucky like I did you may be paying a premium for one. I'm seeing PDK's available, but really only about eight 6-speed GT4's that may be available unless you want to order one if you can find a dealer with an allocation. Depends on what options you want and what you max $$$ is going to be. There's a couple CPO GT4's listed right now too.
Yeah I've been stalking Autotrader and the Porsche sites. A GT4 is a little lower down the list, but it fits the six banger coupe bill. I'm actually more interested in the 981 GT4 rather than the 718. I always liked the lines of the 981 in all forms. They have come down considerably since the release of the 718. In either case, I want the sport seats vs the Recaro seats, for comfort.

That cold start sounds nice. Needed a few revs above idle ;)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've been stalking Autotrader and the Porsche sites. A GT4 is a little lower down the list, but it fits the six banger coupe bill. I'm actually more interested in the 981 GT4 rather than the 718. I always liked the lines of the 981 in all forms. They have come down considerably since the release of the 718. In either case, I want the sport seats vs the Recaro seats, for comfort.

That cold start sounds nice. Needed a few revs above idle ;)
I too started looking at the 981's, but unlike you I was finding what I felt were inflated prices.

I'll get some drive by clips soon.

Oh, and the Sport buckets (for me) are very comfortable. It's the entry/exit that you don't want anyone filming!

Registered
Congrats! I'd say that's the perfect spec on a GT4. Might see you around as I'm somewhat local and have a brother in your area. If you do any of the events in Roanoke, I'll likely be there at some point. I know he's done some of those events in the past, so I'll likely join now that I have a Porsche of my own.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats! I'd say that's the perfect spec on a GT4. Might see you around as I'm somewhat local and have a brother in your area. If you do any of the events in Roanoke, I'll likely be there at some point. I know he's done some of those events in the past, so I'll likely join now that I have a Porsche of my own.
Yes sir, I'm a regular for the Rolling into Roanoke event. Trinity motorwerks is located there too!

Premium Member
Monster car and monster sound!

Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
LOL... that's about the only good road around! I've lived in the Fort since 1990. I'm originally from Toledo, it's WAY better here (sorry for anyone still living in Toledo that sees this, but it's true)! Still haven't found a way out of the snow belt though.

My IG is account is starting over. Deleted the last one because of their new TOS... but, I've officially surrendered to our overlords and accept everyone and everything's watching me now. I'll get this one built back up again and with spring kicking off I'll have plenty to share.
Went to your IG page and saw all the cars lined up in front of Irene Byron, if memory serves? Spent my last 2 yrs at Huntertown HS, (name changed to Carroll my last yr there when they consolidated with Leo). Know that area very very well.

Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
I too started looking at the 981's, but unlike you I was finding what I felt were inflated prices.

I'll get some drive by clips soon.

Oh, and the Sport buckets (for me) are very comfortable. It's the entry/exit that you don't want anyone filming!
馃ぃ

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
Went to your IG page and saw all the cars lined up in front of Irene Byron, if memory serves? Spent my last 2 yrs at Huntertown HS, (name changed to Carroll my last yr there when they consolidated with Leo). Know that area very very well.
Byron just closed and is slated to be demolished, and I live in Huntertown.

That picture is from the old Sylvan Springs in Rome City. Well it was a place of holy healing with supposed healing waters, then a Sanatorium, then Convent, then a cult called "The Way" and to date is struggling to be maintained. It's an old building with some amazing history and they are waiting confirmation from the Vatican for approval to be deemed a holy place based on a sighting of the Virgin Mary.

The new owner took us on a personal tour there, It was creepy and cool at the same time!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
Quite envious of those over axle pipes, they certainly seem to liberate more volume. Now you鈥檝e started It would be a sin not to add the back section too 馃榾. (Mike @Soul Performance Products will be rubbing his hands).

Did you also go down the value controller route?
I have the controller but did not connect it. I'm really enjoying the OAP in the open mode. When I get the inevitable rear section (we all know I'll get it) I'll install the controller then.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts