Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
Oh man this is SO awesome to see after the previous deal fell through for you. Good things to those who wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
I have the controller but did not connect it. I'm really enjoying the OAP in the open mode. When I get the inevitable rear section (we all know I'll get it) I'll install the controller then.
So, what did you do to keep the valve open, or are you just running in Sport mode?

Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
Very nice out today, took the car out for about an hour... I'm amazed that just getting rid of the Stock OAP made such a transformation. Wish a camera and mic could truly pick up the sound.
SOOO envious! Bet that was a hoot and a half! You know, an external mic for a smartphone would make a big difference. Pretty cheap too.
iPhone Mic

Registered
Congratulations on the car, beautiful! A question on the AWE wind deflector. I have purchased this for my car arriving in May. There are two different install instructions, one easy and one where you have to take the inside of the door apart. Which type of install did you use for your car?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #34
Congratulations on the car, beautiful! A question on the AWE wind deflector. I have purchased this for my car arriving in May. There are two different install instructions, one easy and one where you have to take the inside of the door apart. Which type of install did you use for your car?
you will have a new car and it is the much easier install

Registered
LOL... that's about the only good road around! I've lived in the Fort since 1990. I'm originally from Toledo, it's WAY better here (sorry for anyone still living in Toledo that sees this, but it's true)! Still haven't found a way out of the snow belt though.

My IG is account is starting over. Deleted the last one because of their new TOS... but, I've officially surrendered to our overlords and accept everyone and everything's watching me now. I'll get this one built back up again and with spring kicking off I'll have plenty to share.
Northeastern Indiana is a great area. I grew up in Angola. Good to see fellow Hoosiers on here with some awesome cars.

I also have the SOUL pipes to install when the car arrives in May, did you find this install very difficult?
The process is simple with the only real difficulty being the studs on the factory over axle pipes. You can use a double nut method to pull them out or drop the entire exhaust. If you have questions in the moment, give us a call!

-Mike

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
I also have the SOUL pipes to install when the car arrives in May, did you find this install very difficult?
The process is simple with the only real difficulty being the studs on the factory over axle pipes. You can use a double nut method to pull them out or drop the entire exhaust. If you have questions in the moment, give us a call!

-Mike

Install is simple. 2 1/2 hours from pulling in to garage I was done. Took some work calls, drank a beer and had a restroom break in that time too.

I did the double nut, it works just fine. However I鈥檇 personally drop the rear section if I had it to do over. I鈥檓 not the only one that鈥檚 found studs to be cross threaded in the stock OAP鈥檚. Not the nuts you鈥檙e removing, but the stud being inserted poorly. I took my time and made sure there was lube while going back and forth. But could have cut the install time in half if I had just removed the extra four bolts and dropped the rear. Plus fiddling those pipes out, even with the studs removed is a puzzle in itself. Would be much easier with rear removed.
YMMV

21 - 40 of 75 Posts