Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
Sounds soooooo good! Can't wait to do that in mine! "Only" 9 wks to go!

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
I’ve got the rear section ordered too. Just waiting on SOUL to catch up in production. Should be about the time you get your car!
Will be very interesting to hear how much that changes (increases) the sound. Pretty sure I'm going to be good with just the GPF delete pipes (and controller).

329 Posts
Will be very interesting to hear how much that changes (increases) the sound. Pretty sure I'm going to be good with just the GPF delete pipes (and controller).
As 982CS mentioned, Matt at Obsessed Garage has done a wealth of in depth recordings featuring our various components. We're hoping for more but he has been very busy.

The Valved Exhaust was designed to offer a more exotic exhaust note - higher pitched, smoother, and more "chainsaw" like at higher RPM like the 981 GT4. Offering a wide variety of components can create some confusion but it also lets us meet a wealth of sound goals for a wider variety of enthusiasts. We're always available to chat about what makes sense for you now and down the line should you want to plan a mod path!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The OAP’s are by far the beat bang for the buck. I don’t see OAP’s from the various manufacturers varying in final sound if you have stock headers and PSE. The quality of SOUL products and their price point is THE win win scenario we all look for!

I’m only doing the rear section because that’s just me. If I were forced to do just one piece it would be OAP’s.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
If you’re looking for a sense of what impact the various elements within SOUL’s system have, Matt Moreman (Obsessed Garage) seems to have tried most iterations :

Agreed, he’s had most everything so far. I don’t find his videos to be good for sound quality. Not sure why, I’m positive they are using quality mics/equipment. Just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe its the rambling? LoL... I’m a long talker myself (ask mike) but can’t seem to stomach it from someone else. I’ve watched all his videos on the GT4 and probably the main reasons I went with GT4.

I’ve done exhaust videos for some time now going back to motorcycles 15 years ago and found a stationary camera/mic provide the best results. Still have a few that remain on my YouTube channel. I’ve found that following the direction of sound doesn’t give what we experience in real life and to keep the recording equipment away from what you’re trying to capture. Heck I just use my phone and never attempt to edit the sound, just doesn’t seem to sound as good if you mess with it. Would have put the camera further away in my video but that snapped off tree stump was too artistic to pass up.

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
As 982CS mentioned, Matt at Obsessed Garage has done a wealth of in depth recordings featuring our various components. We're hoping for more but he has been very busy.

The Valved Exhaust was designed to offer a more exotic exhaust note - higher pitched, smoother, and more "chainsaw" like at higher RPM like the 981 GT4. Offering a wide variety of components can create some confusion but it also lets us meet a wealth of sound goals for a wider variety of enthusiasts. We're always available to chat about what makes sense for you now and down the line should you want to plan a mod path!

-Mike
Haha, even your description of the valved exhaust in confusing to me. I definitely loved my 981 w/PSE sound! What I would need are videos to compare just your OAP+PSE with the OAP+Valved Exhaust. I just listened to Obsessed Garage's install of your Race OAP pipes+Mufflers and it's pretty cray.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Haha, even your description of the valved exhaust in confusing to me. I definitely loved my 981 w/PSE sound! What I would need are videos to compare just your OAP+PSE with the OAP+Valved Exhaust. I just listened to Obsessed Garage's install of your Race OAP pipes+Mufflers and it's pretty cray.
Stand by.... my latest video is OAP with PSE and as soon as I get my rear valved section from SOUL you’ll have the comparison you seek.

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
Stand by.... my latest video is OAP with PSE and as soon as I get my rear valved section from SOUL you’ll have the comparison you seek.
To be clear, you now have their OAP running through stock mufflers. Are you now going to put their valved mufflers on?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Had a great weather weekend and my son purchased his first sports car, so of course we had to get pictures.

2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition. 1000 made and 500 each of the two colours, this one being nocturnal (black). Honestly VERY impressed with the quality of this Toyota... Ummm, I mean BMW. It's100% BMW with a Toyota badge and price tag. Car will not connect with the Toyota apps or website, you have to go to a BMW site for the Supra GR and use a special Supra app (By BMW) for the connect features. When he set up the connect safety features via the SOS button they answered the call "BMW Services" 🤣

It's quite the car and very fast. I'd say on par with my previous "Tuned" 718 S.

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
Having lived most of my life in Ft Wayne, judging from the outside surroundings, I'm going to take a wild guess this is the parking garage on the corner of Calhoun and Wayne St?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Having lived most of my life in Ft Wayne, judging from the outside surroundings, I'm going to take a wild guess this is the parking garage on the corner of Calhoun and Wayne St?
Under the train bridge by the police station and county lockup

41 - 60 of 75 Posts